Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2008, 03:54 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,987,361 times

Advertisements

I have just heard in the News that the "person of interest," in the Laura Garza's disappearance case, is pending charges in New Jersey, as a pedophile for exposing himself to a child under 13, in Paramus.

According to the NY Daily News, this is about the young woman from McAllen, Texas, that went to the Marquee Club, an upscale place in Manhattan, a few days' ago, was seeing via camera, leaving the place with the alleged perpetrator, and has since disappeared.

The alleged perpetrator is a rich youngster who owns a Quizno's Franchise, an Infinity, and his own brand-new Condo in upstate NY. He is extremely- handsome, smart, and charismatic.

He has been accused of assaulting several women, and masturbating on top of them, and is on parole, without serving any jail time. He has retained a top NY attorney, and refuses to talk.

His father is a retired Deputy Chief of NY's Police.

I JUST HOPE THAT PARAMUS DOES THE RIGHT THING....................IT SEEMS NEW YORK IS NOT DOING IT........................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 08:22 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,928,763 times
What exactly should NJ do? I hate to say it, but exposing yourself to a child under the age of 13 is lucky to get you a slap on the wrist...with a good attorney. Possible murder... quite another story.

I hate the local news so I don't watch often, but DH told me about this and I looked it up. I know I'll take a ton of heat for this and PLEASE hear me out... NO ONE deserves these things... NO ONE. But damn, you have to take a LITTLE responsibility to keep yourself safe. This is how I raise my kids and this is how I act myself. You can NOT be in clubs and going home with complete strangers and not realize there are implicit dangers there. There was a case, maybe 2 yrs ago now, with the young woman from Harrington Park who was murdered in a sleazy motel in WNY... same thing... you can't be high walking on the side of a highway in NYC at 2:00 AM and think you are in God's country. It's a SHAME that you are not, but you are not.

Again, in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM saying that we should "blame" the victim. The purpetrator is the only one to "blame." But you HAVE to take responsibility for your own safety as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey