Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:55 PM

4 posts, read 22,056 times

Advertisements

I have 3 girls 2 months, 4 years old and a 10 year old who are all talented. I would like to get them into modeling and for the oldest she has a great voice and can dance. Does anyone know a legitmate agency that can be recommended to me in the NJ/NYC area? Thank you all for the advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
if anyone can help the OP, please do so. this is not a debate topic. thank you.

Old 12-09-2008, 03:05 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Funny you are asking this. I have an 11 year old looking for a theater group as she is an excellent singer and little actress.

I've been having a hard time, but will point you in the direction I'm going. I'm going to call the local vo tech performing arts programs and ask there about where my next step should be. See if they know any groups in the area. I'm also going to call my local community college and ask for courses in the enrichment and arts subjects.

I don't know how far I'll get, but it's a start and feel free to do the same. I'm hoping one call will lead me to another and so on...

Old 12-09-2008, 05:15 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtray101 View Post
I have 3 girls 2 months, 4 years old and a 10 year old who are all talented. I would like to get them into modeling and for the oldest she has a great voice and can dance. Does anyone know a legitmate agency that can be recommended to me in the NJ/NYC area? Thank you all for the advice.
for the oldest, make a video of her and put it on utube.
You also might think to do a myspace page.

A lot of the big names search facebook, utube and myspace.

Just be careful. If anyone wants money, they aren't legit and usually only putting together an album of headshots. A reputable company will send you for the headshots and pay for it.

Old 12-09-2008, 08:13 AM

1,363 posts, read 5,926,367 times
I brought my daughter here when she was a baby. It's in Staten Island. Never panned out b/c of my schedule and not being able to go into the city when necessary, but we got quite a few calls to go on auditions. I would say they're worth putting on a "Check these out" list. Good luck.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:07 PM

thanks for everyone's response. I will look into all info that was giving to me.

Thank you again.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:15 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I guess we know where you stand on this issue..lol

OP - send a direct message to njsocks. She just signed her daughter up for modeling thru an agency in NYC. Her daughter is going to be on the cover of a few magazines coming out this week.

Old 12-09-2008, 06:17 PM

20,321 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
It's funny you felt the need to say this. I was hoping to see how THIS topic could be turned into a political whizzing match.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I guess we know where you stand on this issue..lol

OP - send a direct message to njsocks. She just signed her daughter up for modeling thru an agency in NYC. Her daughter is going to be on the cover of a few magazines coming out this week.
Hello Wileynj,

i wanted to know how do I get intouch with NJsocks because I tried to direct message her and there was nothing found. I am new to the blog so I am not sure if I am doing it right. Can you help me find her on this matter. Thank you.

Old 12-10-2008, 05:45 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtray101 View Post
Hello Wileynj,

i wanted to know how do I get intouch with NJsocks because I tried to direct message her and there was nothing found. I am new to the blog so I am not sure if I am doing it right. Can you help me find her on this matter. Thank you.
Humm..I tried the "direct message" search option and nothing came up? Try doing a "search this forum"... type in njsocks and one of her posts should come up. Once it does, click on her screen name and you'll see the "send a direct message to njsocks". Good luck : )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey