Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 08:12 PM

14 posts, read 55,057 times

Advertisements

Michelle best of luck with your townhome. We were in our home within 90 days so it won't be long now. Like I said before, go to home depot or lowes and purchase yourself a do it yourself test, don't let this condescending poster ruin your happiness of the purchase of your home, he is just trying to make $ off you, and I for one would never hire him. They will install the passive system and if there are any problems ryan has made good on everything we needed. Best of luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 09:52 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,958,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
Michelle best of luck with your townhome. We were in our home within 90 days so it won't be long now. Like I said before, go to home depot or lowes and purchase yourself a do it yourself test, don't let this condescending poster ruin your happiness of the purchase of your home, he is just trying to make $ off you, and I for one would never hire him. They will install the passive system and if there are any problems ryan has made good on everything we needed. Best of luck.
Condescending ? I'll take exception to that and I'd like to know why you think that term fits me. I suggested several times that she test her house. If giving a warning of a possible concern is condescending then I'm guilty but not once did I ever suggest I was interested in doing any testing nor did I ever suggest she DM me for further assistance. Mitigation is the main thrust of my business.....I do very little testing. My last post may have sounded critical but the facts are than in order to have the builder be responsible to activate a system based on a test after settlement without it being part of the original purchase agreement is difficult....no matter who the builder is. Typically this is negotiated with the purchase of the house. Its like trying to get a car dealer to add an option onto a car for the original purchase price after you've driven the car off the lot. In future you might think twice before making insinuatiions about someones character when you really have no idea what or who your talking about.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,790,823 times
Ryan homes installed everything but the fan in every new townhouse they built in Rivers edge for free just in case.. All you had to do was to install a fan. Maybe the op already has the system installed by Ryan and does not know it?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,725 times
Congratulations on your purchase! I'm just in the "looking" stage at this point, but would like to be in a new townhome by summer. Just curious, if you don't mind sharing, were any incentives offered and did you have to use their mortgage company to get the incentives? I'm considering the 2 story with the unfinished basement and I'd like to have a bathroom in the master bedroom (doesn't come that way).... was just curious if there's any "wiggle" room with this development??? (Referring to the Greenwich Crossing townhouses in East Greenwich)

Last edited by Virtuous Woman; 02-27-2009 at 05:15 PM.. Reason: didn't mention location

Old 03-09-2009, 12:21 PM

7 posts, read 25,861 times
I don't mind sharing at all! There were LOTS of incentives to buy. They do require that you at least sit with their mortgage co (NVR) but there is no obligation to use them.

I'm not sure what you mean about having the bathroom in the master bedroom? I believe there were three options, two having the bathroom right in the master bedroom and the other would be the one big bathroom on the top floor, with all 3 bedrooms sharing it.

I'd be happy to share more with you, just let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtuous Woman View Post
Congratulations on your purchase! I'm just in the "looking" stage at this point, but would like to be in a new townhome by summer. Just curious, if you don't mind sharing, were any incentives offered and did you have to use their mortgage company to get the incentives? I'm considering the 2 story with the unfinished basement and I'd like to have a bathroom in the master bedroom (doesn't come that way).... was just curious if there's any "wiggle" room with this development??? (Referring to the Greenwich Crossing townhouses in East Greenwich)

Old 03-09-2009, 12:23 PM

7 posts, read 25,861 times
Thanks! I'm still waiting for the construction to begin, hopefully the market will pick up soon. I'm VERY anxious to move in!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,086 times
the development is coming along very nicely. i made settlement in greenwich crossing march 2008. no complaints with the exception of the taxes....east greenwich township taxes are horrible....

Old 11-12-2017, 10:38 PM

3 posts, read 2,308 times
Hi, I just read all this and honestly don't know if I should buy a Ryan home. Radon? Horrible taxes in East Greenwich?

More information please, am trying to buy in meadows at east Greenwich.

Also anything on the school district? Super confused and overwhelmed about this decision, I appreciate everyone's input and I also respect everyone's opinion, please help!!!!

Flooding zone? Schools? Police? Shops? Is this town growing?
Help help help

Old 11-13-2017, 01:09 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,437,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findingahome08 View Post
Hi, I just read all this and honestly don't know if I should buy a Ryan home. Radon? Horrible taxes in East Greenwich?

More information please, am trying to buy in meadows at east Greenwich.

Also anything on the school district? Super confused and overwhelmed about this decision, I appreciate everyone's input and I also respect everyone's opinion, please help!!!!

Flooding zone? Schools? Police? Shops? Is this town growing?
Help help help
I don’t know anything about East Greenwich, but I recently purchased a townhome built by Ryan and my experience was wonderful from start to finish.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions about Ryan.

Old 11-15-2017, 08:52 AM

32,773 posts, read 36,000,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhelder View Post
I don’t know anything about East Greenwich, but I recently purchased a townhome built by Ryan and my experience was wonderful from start to finish.

Feel free to PM if you have any questions about Ryan.
He has three posts asking for help and hasn't followed up. Answering questions on C-D is such a rewarding experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey