Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 12:09 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,961,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
:::beginning countdown before this thread is closed::::
tick....tick.....tick.....

Old 12-11-2008, 12:31 PM

13,384 posts, read 28,660,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
You've never heard of a "Lep rican" ?
OMG..you're killing me....hey if kids ever produce me a grand baby that's what it would be lol

Old 12-11-2008, 12:32 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,494,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
What? Who me push morse ova da edge? I would never do such a thing to my crack ho pal!
your quote about living off the system was funny!!! Thanks for calling me your crack ho pal!!!

Old 12-11-2008, 01:00 PM

93 posts, read 165,377 times
It's people like them that make me want to explode. Using my money to sponge off of. Boils my blood knowing they are perfectly capable of working and actually supporting themselves.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:02 PM

1,422 posts, read 3,436,556 times
i have a 19 year old daughter who is moving out with her boyfreind,so i will have an extra bedroom that i plan on making into an office.(of course i will leave the bed for when she comes home to mommy)so anyway she made the mistake of telling my sister who is a huge loafer. she tries to get anything for free, she called me begging to move in with me.with her 2 dogs!!!!!she's been unemployed for over a year now. it just drives me crazy.get a job damn it. she and a friend split rent on an apt.but i think she's getting kicked out she does'nt pay her share. it just makes me laugh. i dont want anybody moving in with me and my husband and 11 year old.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starliner 61 View Post
It's people like them that make me want to explode. Using my money to sponge off of. Boils my blood knowing they are perfectly capable of working and actually supporting themselves.
This is a big bunch of loafers and yes many in that house are capable of some kind of work, but none do. This is an actual situation and they have no intension of getting a job.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:46 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,741,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
This is a big bunch of loafers and yes many in that house are capable of some kind of work, but none do. This is an actual situation and they have no intension of getting a job.
Time to rat em out. Or at least threaten to if they dont hand over half their food stamps.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:59 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,932,960 times
OK OK OK - I have to get a word in before it is closed finally (and thanks for the comic relief, btw...)

I DO NOT approve of bilking the system. I DO NOT like people who are ABLE to work not working and living off the government. I AM ALL FOR personal responsibility and taking care of yourself and your family.

With that said................

It really amazes me that people get SO angry at people like this. Personally, I pity them more than anything. Why? Because no matter what most people think, they are not living well. They live like s**t in bad areas, their kids go to bad schools, they get bad medical treatment, etc. I know what you are saying, well, if they are not working why get any services at all. IF they are able bodied and don't work... well, I agree. But first, I don't know ANYONE'S situation well enough to cast that judgment on them. Do they have a mental disability we don't know about? It is possible. Or a physical ailment even, they are not all "visible" to the human eye. So without KNOWING the situation, it's pretty ballsy of me or anyone else to "assume" I know.

Next - are you jealous? Are you jealous because you choose to get up and go to work everyday to make a better life for you and your family? I'm not jealous. I would not want to live like that in a million years. I would DIE before I'd allow my children to live like that. I want better for myself and my family and will do whatever it takes to make it better for them, so I'm not going to be envious of people who live in this situation. I'm going to thank God that I do not have to.

Oh, but they are living off of "our" dime. Of course, it is taxpayer money that is supporting social welfare programs. I'm not denying that. But honestly, I get more pissed off by the rich SOB's and corporations that take more out of my pocket than a welfare family ever could. And PLEASE don't tell me that they don't - they do. They know every loophole, every way to evade taxes, etc. etc. Let's not even talk about bailouts here.... let me be irresponsible, downright criminal, live LARGE in the process, destroy countless lives, practically my entire country, if not the GLOBAL economy and then cry poverty. PLEASE. THEY make me sick. I know they make a lot of you sick too... but not as sick as this family in Lodi.

Think about it.....

And don't even get me on how much of your $ is going to corruption.... THAT concerns me a lot more.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
OK OK OK - I have to get a word in before it is closed finally (and thanks for the comic relief, btw...)

I DO NOT approve of bilking the system. I DO NOT like people who are ABLE to work not working and living off the government. I AM ALL FOR personal responsibility and taking care of yourself and your family.

With that said................

It really amazes me that people get SO angry at people like this. Personally, I pity them more than anything. Why? Because no matter what most people think, they are not living well. They live like s**t in bad areas, their kids go to bad schools, they get bad medical treatment, etc. I know what you are saying, well, if they are not working why get any services at all. IF they are able bodied and don't work... well, I agree. But first, I don't know ANYONE'S situation well enough to cast that judgment on them. Do they have a mental disability we don't know about? It is possible. Or a physical ailment even, they are not all "visible" to the human eye. So without KNOWING the situation, it's pretty ballsy of me or anyone else to "assume" I know.

Next - are you jealous? Are you jealous because you choose to get up and go to work everyday to make a better life for you and your family? I'm not jealous. I would not want to live like that in a million years. I would DIE before I'd allow my children to live like that. I want better for myself and my family and will do whatever it takes to make it better for them, so I'm not going to be envious of people who live in this situation. I'm going to thank God that I do not have to.

Oh, but they are living off of "our" dime. Of course, it is taxpayer money that is supporting social welfare programs. I'm not denying that. But honestly, I get more pissed off by the rich SOB's and corporations that take more out of my pocket than a welfare family ever could. And PLEASE don't tell me that they don't - they do. They know every loophole, every way to evade taxes, etc. etc. Let's not even talk about bailouts here.... let me be irresponsible, downright criminal, live LARGE in the process, destroy countless lives, practically my entire country, if not the GLOBAL economy and then cry poverty. PLEASE. THEY make me sick. I know they make a lot of you sick too... but not as sick as this family in Lodi.

Think about it.....

And don't even get me on how much of your $ is going to corruption.... THAT concerns me a lot more.
well they lived in a nice house before this on our money in Saddle Brook, it was a dead end and a nice place. They destroyed the place so the landlord thru them out, now the place in lodi is not great but by no means a dump. Its the house right next to Lodi Bowling alley on Terhune Ave, so its not the best but I could put welfare people in much worse houses. They have no disabilities mental or physical , the girl I know is an ex drug dealer. She is trying to stop dealing drugs and live off the system but not crack money which is a big step considering that whole family was from Paterson and dealing drugs. So she has made some improvements if you can say that. I dont know why the lack of motivation however I do know that the free ride seems like its never going to end and its hard to convince people not to deal drugs if the welfare check does not cover enough. My responsibility is to try to keep them out of the hood per say. Not an easy task because the money was tempting. However she is trying to resist the old drug dealing gang. Funny she never did drugs, the whole house is sober, they just dealt drugs.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:36 PM

20,260 posts, read 19,847,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
:::beginning countdown before this thread is closed::::
For what reason?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey