Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:51 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,044 times

Advertisements

OK, Monack... you dropped the line, so I offer you a challenge. Head to head, famous people we've met stories.

Up for the challenge?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,604,405 times
Now them's fightin' words!!!!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:58 PM

I'll start. And I'll start small.

Amy Lynn Pastor, the cute carpenter from "Trading Spaces". She was lovely in person. She was also wearing somewhat ill-fitting pants, which gave me quite an eyeful.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:05 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,438 times
I have no doubt you will probably beat me, wholeheartedly. My famous people meetings have been experiences... like getting invited to the sets of TV shows kind of experiences.

I'll start with the lesser known, and go on from there.

I run a website for a TV show that ran for six years, but that no one really knows about. It was a show that was filmed right in NY, and was executive produced by John Wells - called Third Watch. As a result of having the website of the show, I got to know the cast and crew rather intimately, as in, I had carte blanche to visit the set (which was in brooklyn) any time I wanted to. I'm still friendly to this day with a few actors from that show, and also the other executive producer, and co creator Ed Bernero. Kim Raver (most recently on 24 and lipstick jungle) and Bobby Cannavale (six feet under, will & grace, and in the upcoming show Cupid) are the folks from that show that I've met that you'd probably recognize the most.

Now, knowing Ed Bernero, I have had the priviledge and opportunity to head to california and spend the day as a special guest on set of his new show (well, not so new anymore) Criminal Minds. As a result of that, I've met Mandy Patankin, Shemar Moore, Thomas Gibson, Matthew Grey Gubler and others in the cast.

I have also met:

Tim Daly at the Tribeca Film Festival
Paul McCrane on the set of Third Watch
Mare Winningham - who was in a play with Skipp Sudduth, who was on Third Watch.

I have also been on the set of Chuck - though that was my friend's connection, not mine. So I have met the star of Chuck, whose name is elluding me right now. And Adam Baldwin. Who is just as hot in person as he is on screen.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:06 PM

And apparently, I have now let them all out of the bag at once. Kind of defeats the purpose of a throwdown, I suppose.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:09 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monack View Post
And apparently, I have now let them all out of the bag at once. Kind of defeats the purpose of a throwdown, I suppose.
I guess that SweepTheLeg can't SweepYourLeg then - lol!

No offense intended and just kidding around!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:31 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,832 times
I'll not say "met," but close friends with . Anyone remember the episode of Johnny Carson that was most watched? Well, it was a bit before my time, but my good friend was the bride. "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" is the clue.

Happily, she is now remarried to her high school sweetheart! And I was the maid of honor!

Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM

OK, my list...

Joe Piscopo
O-Town
LFO
Opie & Anthony
Ron & Fez
Fred Norris
Stuttering John
Mick Foley
Chris Jericho
Wayne Chrebet
Max Weinberg
Clarence Clemons
Bill Burr
Ken Daneyko
Bruce Willis (who I actually shared a urinal next to...)
Jim McGreevey (who thankfully, I didn't share a urinal next to)
Dick Codey
Southside Johnny
Kevin Pollak

Old 12-17-2008, 09:00 PM

oops, forgot some:

Michael Trucco (Battlestar Galactica)
Michael Hogan (Battlestar Galactica)
Ron Hextall

Old 12-17-2008, 09:01 PM

I have met Opie and Anthony. And I was in a chat room once with Bruce Willis - but I don't think that counts. We had a grand time talking Jersey.

Oh! I have also met Bon Jovi. A bit of a jerk. I worked for CBS Radio corporate headquarters for a time.

Mel Brook and Nathan Lane at the tony awards in 2000.
Oh - how can I forget this! Henry Winkler - also at the Tony Awards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey