Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:11 PM

518 posts, read 1,792,571 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard about this? Is it being built or are they just planning on it? And are taxes going to go up to pay for it? What other towns will be allowed to attend? I think the high school right now for the area is Phillipsburg, am I right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 05:55 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familymom View Post
Has anyone heard about this? Is it being built or are they just planning on it? And are taxes going to go up to pay for it? What other towns will be allowed to attend? I think the high school right now for the area is Phillipsburg, am I right?
Hey..are you my neighbor??? I just moved out to Stewartsville. Although new to the area, I think having our own HS would be a great idea especially considering the "ranking" PBurg HS has received. I would venture to guess it'll include Bloomsbury, Greenwich, Alpha maybe. Does Lopatcong and Pohatcong have their own HS's?
I have noticed that alot of the kids out here attend a catholic HS - the uniform is a dead give away .

Old 12-13-2008, 06:15 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
I think Lopatcong and Pohatcong also go to Phillipsburg. I have a cousin in Stewartsville and a friend in P'burg and neither one (they don't know eachother) will send their kids to P'burg HS. That's probably why you see a lot of uniforms. I'm sure there are many others that think the same way. My cousin is not a picky person and not big on education either, so that may tell you something by way of her not sending her kids to that high school. It would probably be a great idea to have their own HS especially if P'burg high is overcrowded.

I'll be interested to learn more about this.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I think Lopatcong and Pohatcong also go to Phillipsburg. I have a cousin in Stewartsville and a friend in P'burg and neither one (they don't know eachother) will send their kids to P'burg HS. That's probably why you see a lot of uniforms. I'm sure there are many others that think the same way. My cousin is not a picky person and not big on education either, so that may tell you something by way of her not sending her kids to that high school. It would probably be a great idea to have their own HS especially if P'burg high is overcrowded.

I'll be interested to learn more about this.
I have a feeling that if Stweartsville builds their own HS, it will be for Greenwich Twp. residents only. The population of Greenwich alone is almost 6000. I would have no objections to paying higher taxes to build our own HS... it would increase property values tremendously. This is a great area for commuters. Rt. 78, so far, is a breeze in the morning. Traffic but at a steady flow of 65 mph. I made it to Morristown yesterday in 40 mins. during rush hour.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:38 AM

I think it would be great. We were originally looking to move out to Warren County. We have no clue now as dh may get a great job offer in S Jersey, so it's up in the air. I know if they did open a new HS, that would really open up towns for us to move to should we still be able to go out that way.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I think it would be great. We were originally looking to move out to Warren County. We have no clue now as dh may get a great job offer in S Jersey, so it's up in the air. I know if they did open a new HS, that would really open up towns for us to move to should we still be able to go out that way.
I must say, we really love it out here. There's so much to do! Everything is so close now. We tend to head down toward Philly alot as there are tons of great shopping outlets. And Lehigh Valley mall is great! And did I mention Wegmans is within 20 mins. The only complaint I have so far is that there aren't any decent places to eat! Pizza is average..we've tried a few places and so far, nothing that compares to what we had at the other house. I'm surprised that more restaurants don't open up out here.... the market is there! We have a couple of chin restaurants..Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, Panera, Friendly's, Taco Smell but that's about it. We could use a nice steak house
It seems to be a community of 30 and 40 somethings... lower midddle to middle working class. The VP at my bank termed it "a bedroom community". First time I've heard that phrase but it makes sense. Commuter twp.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I must say, we really love it out here. There's so much to do! Everything is so close now. We tend to head down toward Philly alot as there are tons of great shopping outlets. And Lehigh Valley mall is great! And did I mention Wegmans is within 20 mins. The only complaint I have so far is that there aren't any decent places to eat! Pizza is average..we've tried a few places and so far, nothing that compares to what we had at the other house. I'm surprised that more restaurants don't open up out here.... the market is there! We have a couple of chin restaurants..Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, Panera, Friendly's, Taco Smell but that's about it. We could use a nice steak house
It seems to be a community of 30 and 40 somethings... lower midddle to middle working class. The VP at my bank termed it "a bedroom community". First time I've heard that phrase but it makes sense. Commuter twp.
Have you tried Sal's Pizza in Washington Boro? There's also Enzo's (I think) in Washington Township.

Not bad. Not the best, but not bad. We are up there a whole lot because my dd plays for a travel softball team up there and that's where the practices are.

I'm not sure about this one, but one of the girls' families on her team says the pizza from Oxford Furnace Pizza is good. Haven't tried it though.

You're right, there's a lot to do out there, one of the reasons I'd really like to move out that way. The people are nice and down to earth. Good mix of people (class) too. You don't run into too many stuck up, too good for you people. In my experiences anyway. Maybe it's different if you live there. Who knows, but I'd love to find out. Just have to see if a) we can sell this house and b) if my dh is offered the job in S Jersey.

I'd like to live up there, but the opportunity for the new position in Salem is too good and I think with the energy initiatives about to come into play, it's going to be the place to be for him. He's the major bread winner, so I have to go with it, whatever IT is.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Have you tried Sal's Pizza in Washington Boro? There's also Enzo's (I think) in Washington Township.

Not bad. Not the best, but not bad. We are up there a whole lot because my dd plays for a travel softball team up there and that's where the practices are.

I'm not sure about this one, but one of the girls' families on her team says the pizza from Oxford Furnace Pizza is good. Haven't tried it though.

You're right, there's a lot to do out there, one of the reasons I'd really like to move out that way. The people are nice and down to earth. Good mix of people (class) too. You don't run into too many stuck up, too good for you people. In my experiences anyway. Maybe it's different if you live there. Who knows, but I'd love to find out. Just have to see if a) we can sell this house and b) if my dh is offered the job in S Jersey.

I'd like to live up there, but the opportunity for the new position in Salem is too good and I think with the energy initiatives about to come into play, it's going to be the place to be for him. He's the major bread winner, so I have to go with it, whatever IT is.
I lived in Washington Boro many moons ago - Enzos was there when I was there..it's ok. Sal's is also ok...
A new place opened up in Stewartsville and their pizza is tolerable. The Italian Sun. Had dinner there a few days ago... not bad. We'll keep searching - may try a few places over in Alpha.

Your dd is a softball player? I was one heck of a ball player in my day... center field and 4th batter. Never once did I strike out . I had an opp to try out for the Coor's Light Silver Bullets..minor league woman's baseball team but I chickened out. They were the only female team in an all men's league and they actually won a few games! It was the league that Micheal Jordan played in for a while before going back to playing basketball. That would have been pretty cool to play against him : ))) Should of would of could of..oh well .

Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
I tried Sal's and it was not very good. Hard to find good pizza in Warren. The Enzo's in Washington is decent.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:56 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Oxford Furnace Pizza is not nearly as good as it used to be. Different people have been running it for the last 6 or 7 months now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey