Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,717,167 times

Advertisements

I agree helping the hungry but sorry, Jon Boy, your drivel in the third paragraph is why we are in the mess we are in. Atta boy! Keep digging that hole for the state! Maybe he can get a nice view from his new 3.4 million dollar penthouse condo on the Hudson waterfront?

I would be outraged but we all know the drill...

We must drop our pants once again while Jon looks down on the common folk. He is the reason why the banks shouldn't have been bailed out. Corzine was a bad CEO at Goldman, and he's a terrible manager of New Jersey.

Gov. Corzine signs foreclosure, food assistance bill - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 03:44 PM

96 posts, read 236,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobokenGuy View Post
I agree helping the hungry but sorry, Jon Boy, your drivel in the third paragraph is why we are in the mess we are in. Atta boy! Keep digging that hole for the state! Maybe he can get a nice view from his new 3.4 million dollar penthouse condo on the Hudson waterfront?

I would be outraged but we all know the drill...

We must drop our pants once again while Jon looks down on the common folk. He is the reason why the banks shouldn't have been bailed out. Corzine was a bad CEO at Goldman, and he's a terrible manager of New Jersey.

Gov. Corzine signs foreclosure, food assistance bill - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com
Okay where's he getting this money from?

And THREE million to the "food pantry"??? Hmmm... it's said that the CFBNJ is running 25 to 30% down on donations and requests to them from charities/local food banks are up at least 30% but I better check this one out. I don't know their usual budget... Does it take 3 million to restock the shelves?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofietrt View Post

And THREE million to the "food pantry"??? Hmmm... it's said that the CFBNJ is running 25 to 30% down on donations and requests to them from charities/local food banks are up at least 30% but I better check this one out. I don't know their annual budget... Does it take 3 million to restock the shelves?
Okay here's some numbers. To me it looks like 4 million was already allocated???

Department of Agriculture | GOVERNOR CORZINE EXPEDITES FUNDS TO EASE SHORTAGES AT FOOD PANTRIES

At least it's feeding people and not bailing out people who shouldn't have bought a home in the first place. Still undecided tho about the amount.

Looks like New Jersey is gonna stay in the hole for a while.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:30 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofietrt View Post

And THREE million to the "food pantry"??? Hmmm... it's said that the CFBNJ is running 25 to 30% down on donations and requests to them from charities/local food banks are up at least 30% but I better check this one out. I don't know their usual budget... Does it take 3 million to restock the shelves?
Same place the Federal gov't is getting all this "bailout" money for crooks from.

Old 12-13-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Same place the Federal gov't is getting all this "bailout" money for crooks from.
Yeah on this one I think Corzine is pulling monies from what was already set aside to pay down Jersey's debt, but it just continues to jeopardize the state's future. There is a significantly greater demand upon the food pantries but the entire allocation is a mistake if the state is going to get serious about digging itself out of its bankruptcy. You cannot just keep spending when you don't have the incoming revenue, and expect to balance.

It is a crock that the banks used that "bailout" money to buy more banks isn't it? Merry Christmas to them. (Among other things, having been given no stipulations as to how to use the money.) On the surface it seemed to be a good thing for them to buy the weaker banks but what is done after a buyout... even more people off get laid off. And sure the banks said they will make loans... I guess the folks who have been laid off need them... rewrite mortgages and extend even more credit. Oh and I guess the small businesses are getting their loans again to hire more employees. That'll take care of things.

And true to the laws of competition, Washington opened the door for more than just the banks to come a beggin!

Geez... I sound like a broken record here. Forgive me.

Where's my bailout... I got Christmas bills now to pay. My 800,000 light display in my front lawn costs and I just can't give it up even in these hard times. Can y'all see it there?

Old 12-13-2008, 09:42 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,951,092 times
Funny you mention Christmas lights... I was thinking how odd it is that 5 neighbors on a block nearby had professionals do their lighting. Just didn't think you'd see too much spending like that this year.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:26 AM

5 posts, read 8,418 times
The foreclosure bill is a very nice gesture but its something the government has no clue or ability to solve.

It can only be solved by Real Estate investors & professionals like myself who know how to do short sales and loan modifications etc. to help people out of the mess that the government and greedy banks helped put them into in the first place.

It's time we all stopped relying on the dopey reactionary government and started TAKING action by controlling and defining our own lives and future.

I am doing that by helping people out of foreclosure in anyway I can. Its fun and very rewarding.

Screw the government.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:34 AM

5 posts, read 8,418 times
If we don't step up to the plate the dorky government will with their dumb ass get out of jail free plans.

And guess who gets to pay for it all? The taxpayer of course. And just wait until the state tries to raise money for all the delinquent property taxes that are about to hit soon. Guess who's going to pay for that too?!

Contact me if you want to learn how to take PREEMPTIVE action and help clean up this foreclosure mess b4 we all get screwed. Talking about it doesn't help much unless we take action.

WE THE PEOPLE, NOT THE GOVERNMENT, have to fix this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey