Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2007, 02:26 PM

3 posts, read 39,308 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to the east coast and will be working in midtown Manhattan. My family and I love the Rumson area and although housing prices are high, coming from California it seems we can find something in the same ballpark as our current home. My question is how long the commute would actually be. I'm open to either ferry or train but I believe the ferry goes downtown and I don't have a feel for how long it would take me to get from downtown to midtown. Any insight into options would be very much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2007, 03:03 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,920,280 times
Default Where in Midtown?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelsmom View Post
I am relocating to the east coast and will be working in midtown Manhattan. My family and I love the Rumson area and although housing prices are high, coming from California it seems we can find something in the same ballpark as our current home. My question is how long the commute would actually be. I'm open to either ferry or train but I believe the ferry goes downtown and I don't have a feel for how long it would take me to get from downtown to midtown. Any insight into options would be very much appreciated.
Depending on where you are in midtown, it would take you 20-30 min to get from downtown to midtown. Again, it depends on where you are exactly. NYC subway sytem is pretty good most of the times. There are delays, of course, but most of the times, it's reliable.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:32 PM

14 posts, read 50,031 times
The Seastreak from Highlands goes to 1.) Wall Street and 2.) 34th Street (at FDR Drive). Depending where midtown, 34th could be an option for you. I work Midtown and prefer the Wall Street stop and just hop on the subway (express 3 train) versus having to cab it from 34th. I've gotten downtown in 15 minutes on the 3. Hope this helps, and good luck with your move!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:44 PM

My office will be on Avenue of the Americas near 52nd which I believe is very close to Radio City Music Hall.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:50 PM

2,179 posts, read 6,698,058 times
Take the ferry to Midtown and catch a connecting bus.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:12 PM

Thanks for the tips.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:55 PM

45 posts, read 214,982 times
IF you are taking the train you would need to go to Redbank, and take the NJtranist the Coastline branch. You would take that train to Penn Stat. the last stop in NYC. Penn station is 34th st and 7th ave. Then take the subway locally two stops to 47th st and 7th.

If you are taking the Seastreak ferry from Highlands, I suggest you go online and look at their schedule also for the NJtransit. They will give you the times and stops... Good luck and btw Rumson is a beautiful place to live.

Old 06-14-2008, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 23,976 times
Default Commute from Rumson to Grand Central Area

We are also considering moving to the Rumson area and wondering how long it would take to get from the East 35th Street ferry stop to the Grand Central area (43rd and 5th). Any help/advice would be much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey