Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,906,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Kay View Post
All, Dave is my husband's uncle. He has never stopped working with people and trying to make the world healthier and happier. We actually worry about him 'cause he works so hard for others while often neglecting himself. Anyway, he's still a hero and still would do just about anything for a person in pain. He's amazing.
Dear Gayle Kay
I just watched the youtube clip of MR. Toma. His speech is very moving. I would like to know if he is still giving speeches at school & how is he doing? His family? How old is he now & is he healthy? I admit I started crying when I watched him speak about his son.
I was Mesmerized by his speech. Please don't leave us hanging- tell us more about him !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 AM

1,453 posts, read 4,929,389 times
Funny, I remember this show also. It must have been early mid 80's.
The kids sat on bleachers I think and he just talked. It was filmed in a television studio. Most of the kids looked like they had been bussed in from some outer suburb and I did find that rather amusing at the time. I remember one young guy talking about how all his friends parents and his parents just cared about money and completely ignored their kids.
Time machine.
Was it channel 9 in NY?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:34 PM

87 posts, read 351,761 times
This is such a funny thread. He used to (still does?) live in Clark across from my grandfather. I used to watch the teen show. My grandfather introduced me to Dave one day (I was about 7) and I was actually speechless and did not want to wash my hand. He still counts (to me) as the first famous person I ever met.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:13 PM

3 posts, read 4,707 times
A film is being written as we speak about THE David Toma. He is one-of-a-kind, and his passion for healing the world is extraordinary.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 AM

9 posts, read 36,255 times
Toma is the man, he came to my school (Bergen Catholic) back in 1998.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:21 PM

Hi All. I spoke with Mr. Toma and he wants me to thank you all for remembering him. He also wanted me to let you know that he's alive and well, and he wants to thank each of you personally for being part of this thread. He was very touched by this forum. The film of his life story has been written and hopefully will be made soon so that all of his fans can see it on the big screen.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,515,246 times
this is great!!!!!! I am so glad people are posting on this thread, I thought I was the only one who was impressioned by this man!

Old 07-19-2009, 08:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,590 times
Back in 1973 I actually got to meet David Toma in person. I don't know if he is still alive but this man was very interesting to listen to and had some stories about drugs that should scare the idea from your minds. If he is still alive I would suggest going and listening to him speak.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,424 times
I know Im alittle late on this thread but was googling David Toma and found this. Way back then during his show he also did shows with good kids to talk to them and see what teens were thinking and we could offer peer advice to keep kids on the right track. I was one of those kids on a few shows and remember David Toma as such a good guy and really had a passion for his work. I was in awe because I was from Newark also. God bless him and I am glad to see that he is well. I started this search because I have kids now and thought I might find a clip on youtube but no luck. I really hope his story does make the big screen

Old 03-07-2010, 11:28 AM

Hi Mom23gals. Your timing was great for a post. March 7 was Mr. Toma's birthday, and also when I saw your post. I read it to him and he was delighted. He said to say thanks for the good thoughts and God Bless. There were videoclips of Toma on stage that I saw some months back on Youtube...wonder what happened to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey