Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 02:42 PM

74 posts, read 304,529 times

Advertisements

So i have to open up a new claim next week ( i havent had one open since this time last year) and does anyone know the phone number that is easiest to get in touch with them. I must have a list of 8 different ones, i dont want to get stuck on the phone all day on monday trying each one, getting an operator on the phone is a real pain in the ass. Oh and does anyone know how much NJ unempolyment is these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 02:45 PM

213 posts, read 769,856 times
I believe you can try opening a new claim online if you are a NJ resident. You may want to check the website first. I think it is njuifile.net but you can do websearch. The phone #s will be there also.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM

1 posts, read 6,050 times
does anyone out there know this answer. I was laid off,but am on the payroll til april 9 2009 at that time i will be officially laid off with no medical insurance except cobra, but I have been approved to get retireee medical benefits. Can I still collect unemployment if I let my company contribute towards my medical insurance as a retiree. I still plan to go to school while collecting unemployment for the one year at least and then get a full time job.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 5,325 times
Default EUC question

my first round of unemployment is up next week. i hear i can get an extension. how do i get it? i see nothing on the NJUIFILE site, do i just go there and ask?

Old 07-13-2009, 10:47 AM

73 posts, read 283,160 times
you will get a letter in the mail a few days after you get your final check. you dont have to do anything.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:20 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,975,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sextant1 View Post
my first round of unemployment is up next week. i hear i can get an extension. how do i get it? i see nothing on the NJUIFILE site, do i just go there and ask?
There are currently 4 levels of unemployment benefits in New Jersey:
(1) Initial unemployment benefits (UB - 26 weeks)
(2) Emergency unemployment benefits Tier I (EUC Tier I - 20 weeks)
(3) Emergency unemployment benefits Tier II (EUC Tier II - 13 weeks)
(4) Extended benefits (EB - 20 weeks)

You are normally informed my mail of your eligibility for Tier I and Tier II extensions shortly after your previous category of payment ends. If you are eligible (and most people are), the next segment of payments starts automatically.

If you are eligible for EB, you are informed by mail before your Tier II ends or shortly afterward. The EB level has more stringent eligibility requirements than the first three levels have.

If you have any questions about your eligibility, you should contact Unemployment about your specific situation.

All of this is explained at the website:
Department of Labor and Workforce Development | Unemployment Insurance Extension Programs (http://lwd.dol.state.nj.us/labor/ui/content/UIExtendedBenefitProgram.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey