U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:36 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,347,956 times

Advertisements

I totally took this off the Denver board but I am curious.
For me, I was moving to NJ from California and I needed info. It never occurred to me that I would be (how you say) so entertained. LOL!

City-Data Posting, What Got You Started and Why Continue to Do It?
So, at Happy Hour last night we knew one thing we all had in common, we use City-Data. We discussed how we found it and why we continue to use it. Many of us check it daily, some just read, others post something to every thread - whether they can answer an OP's question or not Some ask many questions but never come back to say thank you or if the advice they received helped.

Personally, I know I learn a lot about items I would never have thought about locally. I also use it when I travel to find out what is happening in other cities and I answer the questions asked in hopes that I can offer a little help to someone in need. Yes, I am bothered by the occasion Troll who give bad advice or incorrect information, but you have to admit, it does keep it interesting and keeps Denverites on their toes. We are proud of our city - almost to a fault, but it is a wonderful city and easy to like!

So tell us, What Got You Started and Why Continue to Do It?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM

1,041 posts, read 2,935,993 times
I think it's because I found folks who seem to be as big of a whack job as i am. I found the site by googling for towns in NJ when I had some questions after my husband and I made the decision to move closer to my family. What kept me is what seems like a really neat community. You guys crack me up!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:45 PM

5,644 posts, read 11,233,392 times
Same as Monack, I was googling about other states and found that some questions to my questions were being answered by others. Now I'm addicted like the rest of you nuts.(sorry).

Old 12-19-2008, 07:57 PM

220 posts, read 579,026 times
I found it when doing some online research for my career as a Realtor. I thought it really interesting & read alot of funny threads. Although commonly pretty tough on Realtors, I feel MOST comments are fair & at times deserved. I sometimes get side tracked & don't get on as often as I'd like. There are alot of intelligent & hilarious people on here & I've learned alot. Thank you!

Old 12-19-2008, 08:46 PM

1,462 posts, read 4,327,205 times
EEPNJ pissing me off about Wal-Mart, I think...

Old 12-19-2008, 09:03 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,025,190 times
I saw City-Data amongst a crowded mess of various URL's, and as I kept on looking at it I knew that I had to make it a point to know that URL better. (hee-hee)

Seeking info on possible relocation destinations in and around NJ, CT, and PA for starters, I then responded to a post in the NH forum and made great friends there as they're great/wonderful people while still posting some in the NJ forum with the hope of getting to slowly getting to know them better and made a few friends there knowing the great NJ attitudes/people there (in a good way) as well as making appearances in the General forums posting against "the grain" of some subjects there. Those posters/readers knew that I was different as I spoke my mind me not caring if my opinions went against the majority of the posts in any particular thread.

In a nutshell this is how I started and still live my life on City-Data.

Future story(ies) and "history" to be made in later dates.

Old 12-19-2008, 10:48 PM

426 posts, read 472,655 times
I was googling stuff about my city and i found this website.
i like reading about other states
Maybe i will move someday

Old 12-20-2008, 06:57 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,068,424 times
Same reason here as most everyone, I was looking for information related to my town, when I stumbled upon a thread about it. I had to add my 2 cents about it.......well, the tab is running high now.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,626,454 times
I was googling the internet-trying to find good pizza up here in New Hampshire-not an easy task. I made my way over to the NH forums and then over here at the NJ forums.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:07 AM

13,144 posts, read 26,091,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Same as Monack, I was googling about other states and found that some questions to my questions were being answered by others. Now I'm addicted like the rest of you nuts.(sorry).
Ditto...ditto
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey