Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:20 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Some of you need to let your zenophobia go.
Agreed, tried to add rep points but the site won't let me!

Watching people equate Brazilian to 'illegal' is sickening in its ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 06:22 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,629,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
its ok because Brazilian girls are hawt

but they shot themselves in the foot by keeping all the restaurants in one location

They should spread them out across the northeast, that way americans can eat there fairly easily

it is all about location in the food biz
I don't think theyre hot. They look like how their food smells. hahaha. not in a racist way

Old 12-22-2008, 06:25 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,907,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I don't think theyre hot. They look like how their food smells. hahaha. not in a racist way
Are you saying their food is hairy

Old 12-22-2008, 06:38 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
Don't you mean "adeus" ??

you beat me to it!

Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,477 times
What happened here...?

This is not a negative post, it's about a changing neighborhood, and these difficult economic times.

Stay Merry, and Bright!

Sligo

Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncmaster View Post
Agreed, tried to add rep points but the site won't let me!

Watching people equate Brazilian to 'illegal' is sickening in its ignorance.

Ignorance? Below are 2 sentences straight from the article that was posted which I guess those here with their charges of "xenophobe" and "ignorance" did not bother to read.

Freiberg said the summer of 2007 proved pivotal for undocumented Brazilians. That's when the comprehensive immigration reform bill was rejected by the senate while the Brazilian economy became more stable, she said.

Actually the article devotes a decent amount of coverage to the illegal Brazilians but I guess you had to read it to discover that.

Last edited by nicolem; 12-23-2008 at 06:27 AM..

Old 12-23-2008, 05:18 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,518,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
The funny part is the Brazilians/Portuguese keep the best neighborhood in Newark. They attract the most out of town money & get the most press.
This is not good for Newark or NJ.

Some of you need to let your zenophobia go.
it would be nice with all the new taxes coming soon to be an undocumented American!!

Old 12-23-2008, 06:57 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Ignorance? Below are 2 sentences straight from the article that was posted which I guess those here with their charges of "xenophobe" and "ignorance" did not bother to read.

Freiberg said the summer of 2007 proved pivotal for undocumented Brazilians. That's when the comprehensive immigration reform bill was rejected by the senate while the Brazilian economy became more stable, she said.

Actually the article devotes a decent amount of coverage to the illegal Brazilians but I guess you had to read it to discover that.

Exactly Nic...illegal undocumented is what it is be they Mexican, Brasilian,Irish,Italian..etc etc...

Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 AM

56 posts, read 221,185 times
Why is the Ironbound the best and safest section in Newark? Are people there more conservative (personal responsibility wise) in nature?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
Immigration laws, weak economy send many home - Breaking News From New Jersey - NJ.com

Wow what patriots, they come here illegally, use our welfare and hospitals and run off after they helped ruin the economy and hospitals.. Like friggin viruses.

Wrong ethnicity. I live in Newark and know dozens of Brazilians and their families and non of them are illegal immigrants. Most if not all Brazilians I know in Newark are legitimate hardworking people and never once have I heard of any of them being on welfare. They run their own businesses and have legitimate 9-to-5's and go out of their way to learn English. Believe me, some of these armchair know-it-alls wish they were as hardworking as Brazilians in Newark.

Just because someone lives in Newark or is a minority does not mean they are on welfare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey