Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:36 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,792,470 times

Advertisements

Ahhh, never saw that abbreviation. I was afraid it was something racist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2008, 05:23 PM

208 posts, read 850,257 times
Hey Rob. You should list it with an agent. In Northern Jersey, it's common for the tenant to pay the realtors fee. I'd say if you're not having any luck and you feel you are out of options, then enlist a realtor and tell them you want the tenant to pay the fee. Good luck!

Old 12-23-2008, 05:44 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,007,559 times
Right on with what Jillian is saying, However, Some Tenants are turned off when they hear that they have to pay a fee, If Landlord pays the fee, it's a win-win for everyone because The apartment gets rented much faster and less impact on the Tenant. Where are you located?

Last edited by Sergio M; 12-23-2008 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: add text

Old 12-23-2008, 11:32 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,154,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taalman1 View Post
Thats because it means the landlord/owner is paying for part or all of the fees inistead. The money still does come from someone.
Right - and the tenant doesn't - that's all that I was referring to.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:55 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,729,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Ahhh, never saw that abbreviation. I was afraid it was something racist!
I am probably one of the least racist people on this board. I am a bit predjudiced against stupid people but I dont care what nationality or color or whatever they are. Stupid is stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
Right on with what Jillian is saying, However, Some Tenants are turned off when they hear that they have to pay a fee, If Landlord pays the fee, it's a win-win for everyone because The apartment gets rented much faster and less impact on the Tenant. Where are you located?
Its a single fam house, full basement, full attic, 2 car garage, 2.5bd, 2 bath in Elizabeth 2 blocks off Warinanco Park. Were priced lower than most apartments in the area with less sqft. The biggest issue were finding is that were looking for someone who is going to treat the place like their own and take care of it and not just abuse it like a typical inner city apartment. No-one wants to be responsible for cutting grass and shoveling etc. Were even offerring rent-to-buy.

Grrr its just aggrevating. The house isnt costing anyone anything other than taxes so we can afford to be picky but it just seems people should be busting down our doors to get at this and their not.

I guess an agent is the only option at this point. more grrr. Thanks for all the help guys.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:58 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,154,507 times
I would try craigslist before listing it with an agent - if you are rent to own, you might find folks who are willing that would otherwise be unwilling - there are plenty of folks out there now who pay their bills that are kind of stuck in the middle between wanting to own and not being able to because of the current economic climate.

Best of luck to you!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,007,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
I am probably one of the least racist people on this board. I am a bit predjudiced against stupid people but I dont care what nationality or color or whatever they are. Stupid is stupid.

Its a single fam house, full basement, full attic, 2 car garage, 2.5bd, 2 bath in Elizabeth 2 blocks off Warinanco Park. Were priced lower than most apartments in the area with less sqft. The biggest issue were finding is that were looking for someone who is going to treat the place like their own and take care of it and not just abuse it like a typical inner city apartment. No-one wants to be responsible for cutting grass and shoveling etc. Were even offerring rent-to-buy.

Grrr its just aggrevating. The house isnt costing anyone anything other than taxes so we can afford to be picky but it just seems people should be busting down our doors to get at this and their not.

I guess an agent is the only option at this point. more grrr. Thanks for all the help guys.
I grew up in Elizabeth, in fact, I still own some two family homes in Elizabeth, that I rent out. Honestly, they usually rent out quickly, however, I am a little picky about who I rent it to. I think maximizing the exposure through a rental agent may result in getting a good tenant within a reasonable timeframe. Lower Elmora is a very desirable area, after the holidays we'll start seeing more activity.

Last edited by Sergio M; 12-24-2008 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: missing text
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey