Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 09:13 PM

4 posts, read 27,948 times

Advertisements

Totowa is like 15-30 minutes away, and pretty nice. (Because from experience, though Paterson apartments cost like 500$ when I lived there it was pretty ****ty)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:51 PM

24 posts, read 71,544 times
i lived in Paterson many years actually few blocks away from st. Joes. if youre not raising kids, you'll be alright. Just avoid certain neighborhoods.

paterson is a type of place one day the cops may raid your house bc a criminal is on your roof! no joke

Old 06-05-2009, 09:35 PM

2 posts, read 5,373 times
This is coming from a white guy... whites need to socially and mentally fix their communities and stop the cookie cutter,uptight,afraid to talk,obsessed with their lawns,if the lawn is clean and green what more needs to be done? afraid of Blacks,and just everything in general,now my friend she stays in Texas and is a Black woman,granted nobody is perfect and neighborhoods aren't perfect but white neighborhoods are mentally and socially screwed up,for all the problems my homegirls neighborhood has their is a sense of community and general laid backness you are able to breathe

Old 08-04-2009, 08:19 PM

5 posts, read 24,974 times
[quote=TheEmissary;2557838]I don't think most of the people in Michigan would classify Grand Rapids as "a shining city on the hill".

Grand Rapids is a very nice city. I think you are quite wrong.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,956 times
i was born and raised in paterson, now living in the carolinas should tell u something .paterson use to be a beautiful place to live, not no more the only way you feel safe is if you know the city,. you already know where to be and where not to be i wouldnt advise any one to raise kids or try to start a family there yes there are some good areas but they are very rare because of the section 8 people .its to small and crowded it is definitely over crowded so the schools are not that great any more. so all of you have good advice but every body has there own opinion and i say make that your last option.

Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times
I used to have to drive thru Paterson. I cannot tell you how many starving, stray dogs are running loose there all over. I once picked an 8 week old pup up off the curb trying to eat chicken bones from bag! People ignored it!
I do not like Paterson at all.
Just my 2¢.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,631,837 times
Why are people reviving threds, just to rant?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,357 times
Paterson need the tax base. Look in Paterson there are nice afordable sections.

Old 10-21-2011, 08:33 AM

68 posts, read 68,795 times
Default not to EZ about moving to NJ

note to EZ
I would suggest Hackensack, good transportation, a fairly "viable" downtown area, take the #712 bus to Paterson or other means, quick drive to St. Joe's. Many apartments in Hackensack, pretty diverse community, close to Malls (if that's your "thing") they have a new Target store on Main St. near River Edge. Probably get a 1 BR apt. for a bit under 1,000. Apts in Paterson are funning about over 1,000 for renovated apt. in 1 of the old mill buildings, although many welfare people seem to have been given the privilege of these rehabs & many others do not want to live w/ welfare people. No, I am not a bigot, just giving you the realistic lowdown on apt. situations. The developers think that they are "gentrifying" Paterson; however many people will NOT move to Paterson, since the rents are comparable to more "upscale" towns & the reality is that Paterson's bad reputation will limit what type of people move to Paterson., etc. etc.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:27 PM

1,392 posts, read 2,098,602 times
people people people

chill out. I'm pretty sure there are SOME nice areas in Paterson or right next door. It's no Newark or Camden. I was driving somewhere there and it was a hill with many small houses in a nice suburb, didn't look dangerous to me.

Anyway, I'd recommend Hawthorne. Pretty nice town, and you could take the train.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey