Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 PM

2 posts, read 4,992 times

Advertisements

im an 18 year old guy looking to move to north or central jersey with two other 18 year olds. I Need help knowing where the best spot for us would be. We are coming from jacksonville florida, so somewhere like that would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 11:21 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,738 times
Why are you moving into the state?

Without knowing this, you aren't going to get any useful responses.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:13 AM

2 posts, read 4,992 times
ive always wanted to live in new jersey And its close to nyc. I Want to be a screenwriter so that would help. Also, im tired of florida and want to get back up north as im originally from detroit.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:23 AM

1,041 posts, read 3,163,956 times
Not that I"m saying you shouldn't move to NJ - but if you want to be a screenwriter, you might be best off heading out west to LA ...

Old 12-30-2008, 12:15 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
When you say you want an area "like Jacksonville" in NJ, I certainly hope you aren't talking about similar weather....lol. What about JAX is it that you're looking to recreate? At first glance, I don't see many similarities between the two places, so you're going to have to help me out.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,630,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkwisswell View Post
im an 18 year old guy looking to move to north or central jersey with two other 18 year olds. I Need help knowing where the best spot for us would be. We are coming from jacksonville florida, so somewhere like that would be great.
will u be going to college or just moving? what's ur financial situation with the other 2? u need somewhere that serves ur creativity. nj is small but there are several different areas. i suggest looking around for urself before deciding. like jacksonville there are many towns by the ocean

Old 12-30-2008, 03:56 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakkwisswell View Post
There is NO area in Central New Jersey or anywhere else in New Jersey for that matter even remotely like Jacksonville.......unless you like cold winters, high taxes, high real estate costs and one of the highest costs of living in the USA my advice is to stay in Jacksonville.

Old 12-30-2008, 03:58 PM

208 posts, read 853,119 times
The only place in Central NJ that might fit your needs would be New Brunswick, college town to Rutgers. There's a train that will get you into NYC within an hour. Other than that though, you'd be better off looking in North Jersey.

Old 01-03-2009, 07:58 AM

4 posts, read 10,043 times
ok this one is right up my alley.. ive lived in northern nj all my life..for someone your age..this is where u want to be..hoboken, jersey city, definently a place for u guys..hoboken is nothing but bars and restaurants on on strip, very trendy, very artsy, we actually eat there almost every weekend. and the train into the city is right there and it takes about 10 min. the same for jersey city HOWEVER- for the three of u to rent in these areas would be about 3000 a month. now you can live a little further away,(north bergen, union city, west new york) but still be close by bus or car but it is VERY URBAN. i am hispanic and the area is probably 90% hispanic..better brush up on your spanish. for a single guy like u to survive on ur own, paying ur share of the rent, maybe have a car and have money for some enertainment you need to make at least 50k by yourself. if you plan on raising a family here better bank on you and your spouse to make close to 100k . its a great place to live but way tooooo expensive. we are actually looking to relocate to the panhandle. hope this helps.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:01 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,364,919 times
I have no advice for you, since I don't know what the three of you will be doing for work (or how much you have saved up, what you're looking for, etc. It's pretty costly to live in NJ, if you wanna remain in a safe area)....

I did see you were moving from FL, originally from MI, and going to NJ. I'm doing the same (Born in Ypsi, lived there and Ann Arbor half my life, moved to FL, and now headed to NJ, as soon as I can).

Good luck, though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey