Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 09:32 PM

877 posts, read 2,839,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findinghope View Post
yep---woodland park now. will always be west paterson to me though--lol
i think you are right....west paterson, totowa and elmwood park is where everyone who came over and started out in Paterson eventually ended up....
Wait wasn't there something on the news about this last week, about them wanting to change it back?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2009, 06:29 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoelsebutcharles View Post
Wait wasn't there something on the news about this last week, about them wanting to change it back?????
well they ought to

Old 10-21-2009, 10:58 AM

315 posts, read 871,432 times
thats a shame- but we cant live forever. Then if thier kids want to sell(becuse most are 2 family homes in those towns)- you really got to scratch them off,
I remember when the oldtimers used to sit outside allnight ,drinking wine,and playing pinnoccle
AhhhhThe old days

Old 12-13-2009, 08:55 AM

19 posts, read 42,962 times
I love this thread! I am doing the same thing--I am a Jersey Italian that lives at the beach in Belmar. My whole life I have wanted to live in a predominantly Italian neighborhood but down here everyone has dispersed and spread out to different locations. I have even lived in NYC and it was hard to find entire italian communites in nyc Mod cut. I have researched demographics, school, family watchdog and found that Nutley works for me. I am in the process of looking for a 2 family house out there. wish me luck. cant wait to be around my paesanos!!

Last edited by Viralmd; 12-13-2009 at 09:08 AM.. Reason: On the racist side. You didn't have to express it that way.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:23 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginafromjersey View Post
I love this thread! I am doing the same thing--I am a Jersey Italian that lives at the beach in Belmar. My whole life I have wanted to live in a predominantly Italian neighborhood but down here everyone has dispersed and spread out to different locations. I have even lived in NYC and it was hard to find entire italian communites in nyc Mod cut. I have researched demographics, school, family watchdog and found that Nutley works for me. I am in the process of looking for a 2 family house out there. wish me luck. cant wait to be around my paesanos!!
nutley does work. i'm thinking about getting an apartment there after I finish college.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
East Vineland and Hammaton are pretty Italian still. Infact Hammaton had the highest concentration on Italians in America for any municipallity.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:17 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,897,306 times
My italian parents live in Washington TWP. I miss it there!

Old 11-10-2010, 10:48 AM

2 posts, read 4,507 times
Since this post has started, has anyone relocated to a strong Italian-American community? I am looking to do the same and I was wondering if anyone has found success finding a strong Italian-American community, considering the prevalence of Italian-Americans has thinned out since the influx of Italian-American immigration.

Old 11-11-2010, 03:56 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,885,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKB1120 View Post
Since this post has started, has anyone relocated to a strong Italian-American community? I am looking to do the same and I was wondering if anyone has found success finding a strong Italian-American community, considering the prevalence of Italian-Americans has thinned out since the influx of Italian-American immigration.

No, but I live in one, near several, and visit people in them. What part of the state are you looking to move to?

Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 AM

12 posts, read 28,819 times
Default New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
Scratch Lodi, Belleville, and Bloomfield off that list. The old timers are dying off and are being replaced with other ethnicity's.
That is soooo true
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey