Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2009, 09:22 AM

1 posts, read 6,603 times

Advertisements

looking to move to new adult communities in NJ - 55 and over.
has anyone heard of ones by centex or lennar in monroe township?
are these builders okay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 04:55 PM

336 posts, read 1,295,693 times
I Like this Del Web. It is a little out of my price range. http://www.delwebb.com/homefinder/Community.aspx?ID=100526 (broken link)

Old 01-01-2009, 06:02 PM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Lennar builds a nice house that is complete. Meaning it has all the upgrades you would normally look at without a major add on to the price.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,530 times
I am also moving to the adult community in Clearbrook park,and I would be most grateful if some could tell me what are the good and bad about Clearbrook Park. Is it diverse, would I feel uncomfortable as a non-white. I have not closed on the property as yet, I am h appy to receive any response before closing. Actually, I work in NY, so I will be communting.

Please reply to my request.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:40 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,162,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybil View Post
I am also moving to the adult community in Clearbrook park,and I would be most grateful if some could tell me what are the good and bad about Clearbrook Park. Is it diverse, would I feel uncomfortable as a non-white. I have not closed on the property as yet, I am h appy to receive any response before closing. Actually, I work in NY, so I will be communting.

Please reply to my request.
My parents live in Clearbrook, and they absolutely -love- it there. There is a bus for NY that is right outside of the front gate of the community, so it's really convenient for those that work in NYC. There are a ton of activities for them and they are as active as their work schedules allow (they both still work full time). They are in their early 60's, and are considered, after five years of living there, "the new kids".

Old 01-02-2009, 07:42 PM

55 posts, read 355,901 times
We recently purchased in Renaissance at Monroe, a Centex development. Our house is being built and should be done by 3/31.

So far, Centex has been good. The construction is moving along and we visit every week to check progress and take pictures. We have spoken to many people living there and they all seem satisfied with the construction and the development itself.

I think there sre only about 20 sites left out of 348, so they are getting close to closing out. Probably some good deals on the lots that are left.

Good luck.

John

Old 01-03-2009, 11:25 PM

37 posts, read 150,959 times
Lennar and Centex are both well-known builders.

There are several great adult communities in central NJ, particular in Monroe Township. You have Rossmor, Clearbrook, Encore, Renaissance, Greenbriar, Regency at Monroe to name a few.

Each of the communities offers something different, and each are special in their own way.

There are other adult communities such as Marlboro Greens (Marlboro, NJ), Covered Bridge (Manalapan, NJ), Grande Plaza (Old Bridge) and others.

Best of luck to you on whichever place you decide!

Moderator cut: removed signature

Last edited by Marka; 01-05-2009 at 04:28 AM..

Old 08-19-2009, 08:15 AM

35 posts, read 102,509 times
Default Rossmoor Info

Also posted on another board. Looking for info on Rossmoor from residents and those who know it. It recently came to our attention after an exhaustive search in South Jersey 55+ communities. We need to return to NJ to deal with elder and sibling-care issues and would like to be closer to our daughter who seems to have settled permanently in Princeton. I know Rossmoor is older. What else should I know? Would especially like to know electricity costs since no one in any NJ 55+ community has so far been willing to share electricity costs with us. That scares me. For background, we pay $165 a month for an all-electric 1700 square foot home in Maryland. That's a year-round payment, but we rarely owe the electric company anything at the end of the year and they rarely owe us anything. Thanks.

Frank

Old 08-19-2009, 06:23 PM

91 posts, read 358,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambernoble View Post
Lennar and Centex are both well-known builders.

There are several great adult communities in central NJ, particular in Monroe Township. You have Rossmor, Clearbrook, Encore, Renaissance, Greenbriar, Regency at Monroe to name a few.

Each of the communities offers something different, and each are special in their own way.

There are other adult communities such as Marlboro Greens (Marlboro, NJ), Covered Bridge (Manalapan, NJ), Grande Plaza (Old Bridge) and others.

Best of luck to you on whichever place you decide!

Moderator cut: removed signature
I checked out Monroe TWP. Thanks for the tip.
The prices were great, but the property taxes were outrageous I thought, even by NJ standards.

A 2 BR/2BA ranch in an adult community built in 2004 listed for $279,900
The property taxes were a whopping $6903!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey