Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:59 AM

4,419 posts, read 5,151,002 times

Advertisements

Towns to avoid for the avoiders out there...

Newark, Irvington, East Orange, Orange, Paterson, Passaic, New Brunswick, Camden, Plainfield, Union City, West New York, western Jersey City, Roselle, Hillside, Carteret, Perth Amboy, Neptune township, Trenton and I guess Asbury Park. That's about it...

Elizabeth and Hackensack are allright.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:35 PM

567 posts, read 1,306,062 times
And why are people avoiding Cartert and Perth Amboy... They're not even close to Newark or plainfield... i lived in carteret for 20 years and there is nothing to be afraid of.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:59 AM

567 posts, read 1,306,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOutOfNJ View Post
And why are people avoiding Cartert and Perth Amboy... They're not even close to Newark or plainfield... i lived in carteret for 20 years and there is nothing to be afraid of.

Let me add that you feel that carteret is more dangerous then elizabeth? no way.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:55 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Towns to avoid for the avoiders out there...

Newark, Irvington, East Orange, Orange, Paterson, Passaic, New Brunswick, Camden, Plainfield, Union City, West New York, western Jersey City, Roselle, Hillside, Carteret, Perth Amboy, Neptune township, Trenton and I guess Asbury Park. That's about it...

Elizabeth and Hackensack are allright.
You would avoid New Brunswick, Perth Amboy, and Neptune, but Elizabeth is okay? Huh?

Old 05-29-2009, 08:00 AM

24 posts, read 84,679 times
There are plenty of nice places in South Jersey...I'm not familiar with North Jersey, so I'll leave that up to someone else to answer

Marlton, Voorhees, Cherry Hill & Mt. Laurel are all very nice and under an hour into Philadelphia or the Shore and only about 1 1/2 hrs from NYC.

From what I understand living in South Jersey is much more affordable than North Jersey.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,095 times
No, all of NJ is a living hellhole!!!!

People flee from it constantly with their posessions tied to their backs using plastic bags from Bed Bath and Beyond. Every day hundreds of thousands run away to Manhattan, only to be called back into their meaningless existential limbo defined on one side by TGIF and Starbucks, and the other by Home Depot and Target.

It is also severly lacking the use of the word "great".

Old 05-29-2009, 10:09 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,584,927 times
Nah NJ has the word GREAT on the State Seal, The Great Seal of the State of NJ.
Actually there are MANY places where you can live well. I just drove one of my kids up to a friends house in Kinellon. Out on the edge of suburbia towards the woods, big houses with swimming pools, etc.
Depends what you can swing I would say.

I lived in Rockaway Twsp many years and one summer we went on vacation, upon returning I found the front door wide open from the grandparents stopping by and no one bothered anything during that time.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:44 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,650 times
I find it hard to believe someone could think an ENTIRE state might have no safe areas. There isn't a state in the nation that doesn't have safe ares, are you serious? lol

Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 PM

390 posts, read 1,510,266 times
There may be safe and nice but very few can afford to live in them.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 PM

6 posts, read 32,423 times
Tuckerton very safe and quiet. REAL quiet. Not much for kids. Cater to older people 65 and up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey