Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 04:13 PM

40 posts, read 155,527 times

Advertisements

My son has been at river school on Warren street for 2 years. Both he and I love it. The environment is very caring and educational. The teachers really love the kids. I can't speak highly enough of it. The only downside is the cost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2011, 01:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,821 times
I would NOT recommend River School at Warren St. I even have my baby on the waiting list once I thought it was one of the best in the area, but since my tour there last Friday this school is NOT an option for me anymore.
I was there last Friday for a quick tour and noticed 2 very important problems: 1. Totally lack of security and 2. Teacher extremely rough with children.
It was a very short visit (15 minutes), but enough to realize that is not a good place at all for my baby. Elaborating: 1. Once I got in front of the door, a lady on the cell phone opened the door for me and continued talking in the cell, without asking who I was and what I was doing there. I was by myself in the reception area, with free access to the children’s rooms, until someone noticed me from another room and came to talk. If I was a crazy woman with a gun, etc or wanted to “steal” a baby, I would have done it easily. 2. After leaving school, I sat in my car parked right in front of one of the toddler’s classes and watched a teacher acting VERY rough when putting winter coats in the small children. A lot of the little ones almost felt at the floor while she was doing it and after she was done with each one, she would literally push them away and get the next one. Why to “push”? Why so rough? That was for sure not a person who liked children, and I would never leave my baby girl in her hands all day long. There were other teachers in the same room and they acted as nothing was happening – I got so chocked with the scene that I just left for my next tour, but I wish I would have left my car and talked to that teacher and director right away.
I left the school very sad to see those things and called the director in the next day to report what I noticed – she said she appreciated my call and I hope they do something about that, specially the security! Moms, be alert!

Old 11-13-2011, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,192 times
I agree Sophia S. We have our 3 year old daughter in the 3 year old program since September of this year and it's been a great experience. We were also desperately looking for a preschool in Jersey City and all preschools seem to be over crowded. However, I'm very happy to report that we have seen our daughter learned how to recognize her shapes, some letters, they've introduced math and science...they provide us with a weekly e-mail with how she has performed in the last week in class and she's always bringing home little projects that she's done during the day. In seeing her learn so much so far, I think it's definitely worth the price.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,192 times
JC New Mom that's really a shame that you saw that in just the 15 minutes that you went to visit. One aspect to point out at World of ABC is that any parent or guardian that's coming to pick up your child has to be finger printed in. Also, there's always a receptionist scanning parents/guardians and the door to the preschool is behind her. Meaning, in order to enter the preschool, you always have to be finger printed in. Also, my daughter really seems to love her teacher. She's always talking about what she taught them, the songs they sang, the computer games they played..etc...you should take a trip to World of ABC...I really can't say enough on how happy we are that we picked them.

Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 PM

1 posts, read 1,470 times
hi my baby will be 3 years old in this july. I lives in bayonne & i don't know any good school in bayonne, if anyone give me some good schools names. Thanks

Old 02-24-2012, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 5,302 times
my baby is going to be 3 and half this summer. I am thinking of sending her to preschool as well. Hope to send her to some decent to good preschools. We are thinking of send her to a private preschool (aren't they all private?), wondering if there is any good suggestions for it as well.

Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,313 times
I wanna get my son who is 3years old in school can you please help

Old 03-24-2014, 10:22 AM

1 posts, read 722 times
Default JC Schools [07302] with Dec cutoff

Do you know of Schools with Dec cutoff. My kids bday is end of Dec, seeking admission to Pre-K4 for Fall 2014 & I dont want to waste one full year.. would help if any of you could suggest schools with Dec cutoff ... please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheth View Post
My daughther will be turning 3 Nov 1st and hence am facing the same problem with admitting her in the 3 yr program due to the sept cut-off dates. Can anyone recommend me schools in jersey city with December cut-off date? I read mjme2003 suggestion of trying catholic schools but I have no idea on the good catholic schools in jersey city, can anyone please recommend? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey