U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 04:53 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,185,692 times

Advertisements

Ive done the "Club" thing when I was 18 (club since disbanded).Ive done the ride around on my own thing. Ive meet up with a bunch of guys with similar model bike as mine from an online forum, but organizing a ride is almost impossible. Im currently a member of a Yamaha riding group but Im not always interested in where they have their trips planned. So im looking to see if there are any other active riding groups (or even just other active riders) out there that dont mine having a Yamaha Cruiser (Warrior-1700cc-not a bagger) tag along once the weather clears up.

I'm game for any 1/2 to full day trips but no overnights. Iron butt rides are not my idea of fun. I prefer twisties and rarely obey speed limits. I do not stunt or show off and am not interested in stunting or riding with stunters.

If anyone else is interested Id love to do a City-Data group ride around NorthNJ. Lawrencville - New Hope - up river road to Easton - through the gap to Port Jervis - down 17 to Harriman/bear mountain then down the hudson and straight shot down the shore for dinner or some such.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,298,293 times
I'll check with my friend. She and her boyfriend do day trips with a group. I hope you don't mind that I copy and send your request to her by email.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:12 PM

393 posts, read 1,013,469 times
Hi Rob Rodriguez

My neighbor, a correctional officer does many charity rides.
Unaware, if he has a website, (we are friendly, not, overly)
Possibly, befriend a police, correctional officer's fund-raiser, recreational riders site, your area.
Apparently, many of these rides are over-nighters...

I will try to post this Spring, their Harley line-up, my hood.

Best,
Sligo

Old 01-08-2009, 08:38 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,185,692 times
In my experience most Harley riders tend to only ride with other Harley riders. "I" personally dont care and will ride with anyone that doesnt act like an azzhat on the roads (or what bikers would call a squid). I do a couple rallys every year but I tend to stay away from the "charity rides" because they spend as much if not more time hanging out before and after the ride than actual riding. But thank you very much for trying to help.

timneh5, I dont mind at all.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 PM

563 posts, read 1,194,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post

Lawrencville - New Hope - up river road to Easton - through the gap to Port Jervis - down 17 to Harriman/bear mountain then down the hudson and straight shot down the shore for dinner or some such.
I like the last part of your trip, around Bear mountain, 7 lakes drive, rte 17. I usually take my cobra up there, Weekend mornings.
Perhaps we'll meet on the road sometime this spring
cheers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey