Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 02:03 PM

612 posts, read 1,010,975 times

Advertisements

you guys all have a distorted perspective on admissions in Princeton. You don't need to walk on water, you just need to know someone. You can get into Princeton not even being in the top 10% of your class if you are buddy buddy with a contributor to their endowment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:37 AM

5 posts, read 14,881 times
thanks for everybody))))))I ll try to do my best)))

Old 02-06-2009, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 3,106 times
IMy sister is an A student (few B's) w/ good SAT scores (not Great). However, she received the Eisenhoward Leadership award from West Point for being one of the very few female commanders in the high school junior ROTC. She was accepted to Princeton. You need to be within range in terms of grades and SAT scores..then you must have some unique ability or achievement that will make you stand out. As we were told by the admission officer, all of the princeton applicants are smart and have stellar SAT scores. It's what you can contribute uniquely to the university that will make a difference! Find your "it" factor and capitalize on that!

And for you NJMan ...you seem to have a chip on your shoulder. It's not about diversity, it's about LEARNING AND GROWING. How could the student body truly learn and grow if all the students are cut from the same cloth?

Last edited by AJJ_PTMD; 02-06-2009 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: It's Eisenhower..oops!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:45 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_dream_about_Princeton View Post
I am a student from Russia,now I live in NY and study in some college..I have no couple million on my bank account and my parents dont have it too...but I have a great desire to study there...so,is it the only way to enter the university-to have millions?
I might be wrong about this, but I do not think Princeton accepts transfer students. You could still transfer to Harvard for undergrad, though. I knew a guy at Rutgers who transferred there after three semesters of 4.0.

If you meant for grad school, get something close to a 4.0 at your undergrad, create some original work in your field and discuss this particular dream with the head of your major's department.

Old 02-06-2009, 03:04 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,638,681 times
#1 way : Be a legacy

Old 02-16-2009, 10:14 PM

6 posts, read 33,882 times
I think Princeton and most of the Ivies technically accept transfer students, but it is only in rare cases.

Also, I don't believe what jerseyj said about an athletic scholarship for a minute. The whole raison d'etre for the Ivy League is to have a league of schools THAT DON'T GRANT ANY ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS!!! There is also another league (I think it may be called the University Athletic Association -- my former school Wash. U in St. Louis is in it) that operates on the same principle. They don't want to be part of the whole sick, corrupting, sports-worshipping culture that most colleges and most Americans have sold their souls to. They don't want students whose motivation is sports rather than academics. If an otherwise qualified person was a great rower, that might have been her little something that got her admitted to Princeton over someone else, but a scholarship for that, as opposed to economic or other reasons? Nope. Not in the Ivies, whatever else you may think of them.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:10 AM

652 posts, read 1,785,346 times
Hey I Dream,
Got any updates? Are you applying soon?

Old 02-19-2009, 11:13 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,018,067 times
I_dream.. your best bet is to talk to people who have actually applied and gotten accepted at Princeton. Alas, I went to Columbia so I can't help you with Princeton.

Alternatively, if your current college has a guidance counselor I'd speak to him as well. And it does not hurt to make an appointment with an admissions counselor at Princeton and get information.

Finally go to a bookstore and look for a book on how to get admitted into a top Uni.

If Princeton does not work out, I hope you find another University that will suit your needs.

Last edited by minibrings; 02-19-2009 at 11:36 AM..

Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM

5 posts, read 14,881 times
once again,thanks for everybody))
2 nutleynut -hey,actually not I still do research.))
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: