Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:28 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
No, that's Chris Christie.

TAHITI..bad girl bad bad girl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:43 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
TAHITI..bad girl bad bad girl
LOL - I've only just begun!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:07 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,464,653 times
$150 million isn't that much considering 2 million people are expected to show up. I know people who blew half a million on weddings/receptions with a couple of thousand guests, and they didn't have stuff like rooftop counter-sniper teams either.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:15 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
$150 million isn't that much considering 2 million people are expected to show up. I know people who blew half a million on weddings/receptions with a couple of thousand guests, and they didn't have stuff like rooftop counter-sniper teams either.
True..that's barely 7 million per guest

Old 01-20-2009, 10:19 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
If he was smart he would have spent as little as possible. He should have stood up on a plain stage and said, listen - the country is broke and I said we would all have to pitch in to fix our problems so lets start here by not wasting $150 million. Would have been hugely powerful. But instead it was business as usual....spending tons of taxpayer money.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
The difference is, the people who are spending that money on private parties, the money is theirs, to see fit what they do with it. In the case of the inauguration, 49 million of this bill is being footed by you and I.

These inaugural balls should be done away with, irrespective of political victor. They are a waste of money. And to me, they are almost reminiscent of the decree of the Divine Right of Kings. The United States was basically formulated around the rejection of this premise, and that political service was basically akin to volunteerism. And, you have to conclude sadly, we've come completely full circle in this country. We have basically morphed into England circa 1763.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:27 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
If he was smart he would have spent as little as possible. He should have stood up on a plain stage and said, listen - the country is broke and I said we would all have to pitch in to fix our problems so lets start here by not wasting $150 million. Would have been hugely powerful. But instead it was business as usual....spending tons of taxpayer money.
I couldn't agree more. What a waste of money and an disgusting display of excess.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:31 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
I'm watching it, half of this is mushy nonsense, aside from when Barack spoke.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Tired of promises made and broken for too long now.

Every new president "feels" like he's the savior on this day and then it's back to business as
usual till the next presidential election.

If Obama delivers then he'll get praise from me.

I'm taking a wait and see approach and not a "I don't care how bad a shape financially I have it as long as he's president everything is then Okay" frenzy thinking many people are actually saying out loud.

Another thing: This presidential hoopla is costing $180 million in which $49 million is coming from the taxpayers. All this when this country is in a recession, so where's the proper example shown here? I hear no criticism about this high spending at all.

When Bush had his hoopla it cost 1/4 of this amount in much better times and he got criticized for spending that much lower $$ amount.

Double standards are in effect here.

I agree NJ GUY! Sad to be having an 150 million dollar party instead of using it more wisely.

I have to laugh at idiots like Demi Moore *the one who has had more plastic surgery *lol....crying about how wonderful he is. What do most Hollywood actors/actresses know about politics to begin with? LMAO.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,715,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I'm watching it, half of this is mushy nonsense, aside from when Barack spoke.
If I get one more reverend, deacon, shaman, priest, rabbi, etc... on my television, I am going to puke.

Get off the stage, gentlemen, and go spew your crap elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: