Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 07:01 PM

9 posts, read 22,099 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Since we found Green to have a similar situation to where we are now, we wanted to gather info. on Allamuchy-Panther Valley (hubby works in morris county) and again it is a bit difficult to find info on the area--there doesn't seem to be much info out there--and the gsmls doesn't sep. allamuchy and panther valley, if anyone in the area can help, we would greatly appreciate it!
We are basically looking at home prices, taxes, elem. and high school situation, amentities, costs, downsides, and i am assuming there are many rules and what not in the gated comm. (not at all familiar) also wildlife as we have 2 dogs.
Thanx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 07:14 PM

13,975 posts, read 25,823,059 times
Panther Valley is actually very close to Green, right on the other side of Rt 80. I have only driven through it once, to have lunch at the country club, and my impression was...hills! It had some very steep roads. There were a lot of different sized homes, so I guess it appeals to a wide price range. The elementary school is on the Green side of Rt 80. I'm not sure what high school it feeds into, but I hope it isn't Hackettstown, for your sake. That's a much rougher school than Newton.

I would be surprised if Allamuchy prices were much different than Green, honestly, and Green is a nicer town. Have you been able to check out any properties in the two towns? Green has so many older homes that you should find something that meets your needs without spending for the new developments.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM

7,212 posts, read 11,881,287 times
Taxes in Green are high. Panther Valley is very nice. Very close to Route 80, but that commute is a bear. Here's a link for some real estate.

PV Real Estate

Old 01-20-2009, 06:47 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,545,558 times
Panther Valley is a community within Allamuchy Twp. - taxes are high in Allamuchy! Then add in the fees each month and you may be better off looking at both Mt. Olive Twp and Long Valley in Morris County - better school systems and comp. taxes depending on what you buy. Or if you like Warren County better... Independence, Frelinghuysen - better tax rates. Sounds like you are concerned about wildlife and your dogs. If you have a fenced in Property, you'll be fine! My neighbors in Frelinghuysen had 2 dogs and an invisible fence and nothing ever happened to their dogs. The wildlife is more afraid of them. That area of Warren County is really beautiful. Most of the elementary schools out that way are great. The HS's are average. North Warren Regional is middle of the road according to ratings but their valedictorian of last year was excepted into Princeton, Harvard and Yale! Frelinghuysen is located behind Panther Valley... my taxes went down instead of up last year. It's a great Twp.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:51 AM

7,212 posts, read 11,881,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Panther Valley is a community within Allamuchy Twp. - taxes are high in Allamuchy! Then add in the fees each month and you may be better off looking at both Mt. Olive Twp and Long Valley in Morris County - better school systems and comp. taxes depending on what you buy. Or if you like Warren County better... Independence, Frelinghuysen - better tax rates. Sounds like you are concerned about wildlife and your dogs. If you have a fenced in Property, you'll be fine! My neighbors in Frelinghuysen had 2 dogs and an invisible fence and nothing ever happened to their dogs. The wildlife is more afraid of them. That area of Warren County is really beautiful. Most of the elementary schools out that way are great. The HS's are average. North Warren Regional is middle of the road according to ratings but their valedictorian of last year was excepted into Princeton, Harvard and Yale! Frelinghuysen is located behind Panther Valley... my taxes went down instead of up last year. It's a great Twp.

Still bragging huh....

Old 01-20-2009, 06:53 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,545,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Still bragging huh....
Absolutely! It really was a great place to live. Not that I don't love Stewartsville... it's just a different breed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey