Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:27 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Well if the allegations are true, then DYFS did the right thing! Being disabled, if it's a true disability... should not be a reason - at least they have an income.
Thing is, the foster care system in this State can sometimes be worse for these kids than being raised by these two! Abuse, shuffled from home to home... my heart bleeds for them (the kids)!
Unfortunately that is very true and the chances of the 3 of them being kept together at those young ages are very very slim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 11:30 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Unfortunately that is very true and the chances of the 3 of them being kept together at those young ages are very very slim
I'd like to see the family get some counselling... see what can be done to help the PARENTS so that these kids can stay together. Too many kids in foster care tend to stay there until they hit 18 ...without ever having left... makes me very sad!

Old 01-21-2009, 11:42 AM

228 posts, read 507,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Ouch! I still don't see a reason why these kids were removed from their home? Yea, grandma hit the sauce and their car needed repairs but where is the abuse? And where does it say that they don't have jobs???? I also feel that the cops will be looking for them... they too want their 15 mins. of fame. But we still don't know WHY DYFS took these kids, do we?
Only in America can people like the Campbells marry, let alone have offspring. Because of these idiots wanting their 15 minutes of fame they got 15 minutes of infamy instead. I just hope the children weren't taken away by DYFS simply because of their names. I hope if DYFS acted on any allegations of the Campbells abusing their children that the allegations were corroborated first. I guess we'll never know why DYFS took the children because they keep everything a secret.

But even if the Campbells are in the clear and they get their children back I'm sure they'll be subject to harassment by the police and their neighbors.

Old 01-22-2009, 04:43 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
In the article the mother claims a neighbor called with allegations of abuse.
From the very beginning the news said both parents didn't work due to a disability.

IMO they brought it all on themselves....
You can't just take a kid out of a home because you don't like the name...that's a dangerous slippery slope.

Stay tuned..I think as the layers peel off these losers there will be a valid indisputable reason why the kiddos were removed
You're right.

I'm just worried that as the layers peel, they won't find anything and these folks will sue to high heaven for the emotional abuse the system has caused to the kids and the worst part - they'll win.

I hope there was good solid evidence of abuse, if not, these poor kids - in more ways than one.

The kids didn't ask for this.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:37 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,919 times
wait... why are they going to court for custody of their kids? who wants to take their kids away? that's not right, its there children. there not bad parents are they? they just have a bad choice in names.

why do they have to go to court to gain custody of there kids?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
wait... why are they going to court for custody of their kids? who wants to take their kids away? that's not right, its there children. there not bad parents are they? they just have a bad choice in names.

why do they have to go to court to gain custody of there kids?
DYFS Took the kids a couple of weeks ago - allegations made by a neighbor that they children and wife were being abused by the father but the wife denies all claims. There's a new story on nj.com again today - mother pleading for someone to help. If the allegations are false, these poor kids!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:53 AM

I think someone pushed the panic button too easily in this case....

Sad, and it's the kids that will suffer.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:05 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I think someone pushed the panic button too easily in this case....

Sad, and it's the kids that will suffer.
I'm sure it's tough on the kids and they're suffering a lot at the moment, but I rather have DYFIS*sp be preventive of any bodily harm & abuse towards them now instead of finding out after a tragedy has occured. I believe that the parents have shown themselves to be less than ideal in their parental skills when they use their children as a tool to get attention.

By the way....don't you ever sleep? it's too early for you to be posting. LOL

P.S. I'm wearing a kilt......NOT

Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I'm sure it's tough on the kids and they're suffering a lot at the moment, but I rather have DYFIS*sp be preventive of any bodily harm & abuse towards them now instead of finding out after a tragedy has occured. I believe that the parents have shown themselves to be less than ideal in their parental skills when they use their children as a tool to get attention.

By the way....don't you ever sleep? it's too early for you to be posting. LOL

P.S. I'm wearing a kilt......NOT
I really don't sleep much, but especially not now. I'm sick and pulled a muscle in my neck REALLY bad - the meds they gave me are keeping me up. NORMAL people get put to sleep on these meds, but no, not me, wide awake!
Normally, 5 hours a night is good for me. 6 is great, I function ok on 4, but less than that, I'm useless!

I agree with the precautionary measures, just uncertain that taking the kids was the right thing to do. A friend of mine knows someone that had a nice little midnight visit from DYFS due to a tip from a store clerk. DYFS found no evidence of abuse in the home or on the child (they woke the little boy and stripped the kid down at midnight). They left and checked back. But never took the baby from the house.... I'm just wondering if they have evidence....

Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,355 times
I am really wondering why she is reaching out the Ledger and other papers instead of the ACLU.

It says right in the article that she's breaking a court order by talking to the press.

EDIT: FWIW, DYFS gets involved when there's bad parenting. A name is a name, but you aren't giving your kids a healthy chance at growing up with names like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey