U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 05:46 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,021,360 times

Advertisements

We went to Jack Cust Baseball Academy yesterday to see Jenny Finch.

Had to share this. She was amazing. She did a demonstration and they unveiled what the new Diamond Nation will look like. That will be a combination of the JCBA and now the Jenny Finch Softball Academy!!!

On the personal side. My daughters were in the bathroom when she was in there and she was really nice to them and genuinely cared about what they were doing in softball and what their opinions were. They had a great conversation and I just can't say enough about her.

Two of my daughters are pitchers and this was just a wonderful experience for them. They were on cloud nine!! I took pictures of them with her as well. My daughters have them as screen savers now. I swear, Jenny can't take a bad picture!

Just wanted to share.....
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 AM

Ok, I'm going to reply to my own post, just to maybe introduce you all to who she is.

Jennie is an Olympic gold and silver medalist for softball. She has also struck out many MANY baseball players.

She's an excellent role model for young girls AND
I can't believe none of you have even given me a "WOW"...

I am still so excited over all of this!!!!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:46 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,071,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Ok, I'm going to reply to my own post, just to maybe introduce you all to who she is.

Jennie is an Olympic gold and silver medalist for softball. She has also struck out many MANY baseball players.

She's an excellent role model for young girls AND
I can't believe none of you have even given me a "WOW"...

I am still so excited over all of this!!!!
Here you go.......WOW!

Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Here you go.......WOW!
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! It was so great....

Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,071,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! It was so great....

I can feel the sincerity of your posts w/ each and every word LOL......

Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,632,648 times
I know who Jennie Finch is-what a nice experience for your girls. I am glad that they had a good time.

My dad used to help run a baseball camp for boys-years ago- and many pro-baseball players would come. The range of attitudes was amazing. Some were great, would bring gifts for the kids and the guys that ran the camp, would stay longer and do more than was "required". Some of them were the most down to earth guys and would hang out with the guys who worked the camp afterwards talking, etc-even getting them baseball tickets years later. Other guys would show up late and get out as soon as possible and do the "bare minimum" and not have the greatest attitude toward the kids.

I am glad that your daughters had such a nice experience.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I know who Jennie Finch is-what a nice experience for your girls. I am glad that they had a good time.

My dad used to help run a baseball camp for boys-years ago- and many pro-baseball players would come. The range of attitudes was amazing. Some were great, would bring gifts for the kids and the guys that ran the camp, would stay longer and do more than was "required". Some of them were the most down to earth guys and would hang out with the guys who worked the camp afterwards talking, etc-even getting them baseball tickets years later. Other guys would show up late and get out as soon as possible and do the "bare minimum" and not have the greatest attitude toward the kids.

I am glad that your daughters had such a nice experience.
You probably have quite a few experience stories to tell, yourself. Athletics can be a great experience and it's nice when there's a good role model out there, especially for girls.

I think with the baseball players, you're more likely to have bad things come out, if for no other reason than there's more of them and they are more in the spotlight than the females.

BTW, she did a one pitch to Jack Cust Jr. and he was still looking for the ball when the catcher already had it. It was really great!

Old 01-26-2009, 07:28 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,019,976 times
Sorry, I don't know who she is, but I'm glad you all enjoyed it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey