Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobeid712 View Post
Thanks for your thoughts. Would you say Ringwood is a better place to live, as its not to "hillbillie". Is there more things to do there? Is there less traffic there because there are more roads?

You are right I do need to drive around the towns and see it for myself. I'd like to go during the day at first to see, but I just don't have the time right now, so I appreciate all of your input.
well you know like I said before a few miles can be a big difference in these towns. Like for example if I go a few miles in Jefferson Township where I live I can be in the land of Hillbillies or in a nice section the opposite direction by Milton. So its tricky. The key is to drive a few miles each direction and onto the side roads. We have a road here called Paradise and its the furtherest thing from that!!!

Let me ask why are you picking Wanaque and Ringwood area? What was the deciding factors. Tell us what are you looking for and your needs. I mean some people want to live in the woods with the p/u truck and atvs and huge nascar sticker people!!! Some dont/ Tell us about you?

Ringwood is a lot more high class. More intellectual, artsy, woodsy enviromentalist types than HILLBILLIES who really destroy the land. The land in Ringwood is a hell of alot nicer too!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 04:24 PM

5 posts, read 26,115 times
Well we are working middle class people. We currently live in Bergen County (Fair Lawn) and love it there, but feel we can get more for our money in Wanaque then Bergen County. We are also looking in Montville, Fairfield, Roseland, West Caldwell. Basically Western Essex and Eastern Morris, but we are familiar with those towns and know thats what we like. We like rural/country living where we can own a lot of land but are not to far away from everything, something like Fairfield without the flooding. I came across Wanaque and Ringwood in Passaic County and thought those towns would be a good fit, but I know nothing about them!

BTW we both work in Bergen County (Saddle Brook and Fair Lawn) and we dont want to be more then 30-40 min away.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:34 PM

213 posts, read 769,999 times
I could be totally wrong, but for some reason I feel I recall news stories of flooding in Wanaque occasionally. Might want to check with a local realtor if no one on the board knows.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:51 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
i wouldnt hesitate to move to Wanaque personally. I think the previous poster was overreacting a bit.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:55 AM

well coming from Fair Lawn, your not going to like Wanaque. You not going to get sprawling acres in Wanaque with low tax. Also you will be driving more to get to everything so it balances out. When you live in Bergen COunty , I used to live in Hillsdale, you become used to thing being so close, so easy so you will find yourself driving more and thus there goes the saving that you thought you had!! Listen Wanaque is not for someone who lives in FairLawn. You will regret that choice. I think MOntville /Pinebook, Towaco are great choice. Less of the wild west and pick up types.

Honestly go drive around Wanaque tell us what you think, I would love to hear your opinion. I bet your gonna come back here and say you know what stevemorse your right!!

Old 01-29-2009, 04:17 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
As if Lake Stockholm is upper class....To the OP Wanaque is kinda cityish, you have like most other towns good sections and bad, I personally dont care for it.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:00 AM

138 posts, read 610,567 times
Ringwood has the big lots & nature more so than Wanaque does. Property taxes are high. Schools are good (says a product of the public school system). However, there is NOTHING to do. I mean nothing. You have to drive about 20 minutes to get anywhere. I personally do not like that kind of thing, thus why I don't live there anymore, and it would definitely be a change from Fair Lawn. However, it is a trade off - you get more house/ land for your money in Ringwood. You need to decide which is more important to you.

Old 01-29-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
As if Lake Stockholm is upper class....To the OP Wanaque is kinda cityish, you have like most other towns good sections and bad, I personally dont care for it.
if you read my post earlier I did not say that, in fact read it it says Jefferson Twnsh where I live in some parts could be with the land of hillbillies. So stop rushing to conclusion when you dont read!!!! Read my post about Paradise Road and Jefferson Twsh!! Read the above two posts and you will see I said nothing about Jefferson Township being the land of High class. You will find I did not say I lived in a high class area, however I am getting towards it soon!!!!:I plan on moving over to Somerset COunty within the next few years so I will be in the land of High Class soon my dear!

Mary read alittle better before you rush to conclusions. I am tired of trying to drum thru you head when you can clearly see the posts before this say nothing about me living in the land of luxury!! You just jump to the wrong facts. Please dont start, unless you can back it up.

Last edited by stevemorse; 01-29-2009 at 12:50 PM..

Old 01-30-2009, 08:39 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,606 times
Jobleid, do yourself a favor and check it out for yourself, you might actually like it. Depends what you are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey