Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:08 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
That is awful - hopefully that sentence under your name is true! In my neighborhood people walking their dogs really are just walking them. I haven't seen even one "go" anywhere. I'm thrilled because by neighborhood in Brooklyn was like a big, dog toilet. Disgusting.
Agree..I first take my dog into my yard then go for a walk..always carrying a poop bag just in case...dogs like to mark..I won't let her on people's lawn's etc
when we get to the woods I'll allow her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 12:36 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Agree..I first take my dog into my yard then go for a walk..always carrying a poop bag just in case...dogs like to mark..I won't let her on people's lawn's etc
when we get to the woods I'll allow her
I really don't think this qualifies as littering while driving.....unless of course you dog is doing his business out the window ???

Old 01-30-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
I really don't think this qualifies as littering while driving.....unless of course you dog is doing his business out the window ???
Nope but it was also listed as another posters pet peeve..just responding
Is there a reason you have signaled me out

Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM

20,797 posts, read 9,743,388 times
I guess I have to apologize for going off-topic.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM

132 posts, read 631,743 times
IMO, there should be no littering of any kind ..... no butts, napkins, cups, peels, or even chewing gum. It is disgusting when I'm stopped at a light of a jughandle and see trash all over. I almost chased after a driver who tossed a cup of Dunkin coffee out the window but decided not the run the red light.

I agree with a previous post on discarded fruits/peels as they invite unwanted wildlife to wander beyond their range bringing lyme and ticks and other diseases unsave to people. These wildlife also crap where they eat which brings me to animal poop.

Animal poop is disgusting (imagine stepping on *****), especially during warm weather as flies - hate them green ones - can smell ****tey a mile away. For dog owners out there, if you don't like dog poop/**** on your lawn, then don't let your dog deficate on other's property.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Nope but it was also listed as another posters pet peeve..just responding
Is there a reason you have signaled me out
Nope...sorry......your the unlucky one. Don't take it personally. Dog litter aside for the moment.....as I read though the posts I find myself disgusted by those who grant themselves permission to toss their garbage from their car windows with the excuse that because its food they are doing a humanitarian service to some poor starving animal waiting at the road side to feast on the leftovers of their partially eaten snack or meal. Its not coffee grounds that you might throw on your lawn to fertilize it......its GARBAGE !!!

Old 01-30-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Nope...sorry......your the unlucky one. Don't take it personally. Dog litter aside for the moment.....as I read though the posts I find myself disgusted by those who grant themselves permission to toss their garbage from their car windows with the excuse that because its food they are doing a humanitarian service to some poor starving animal waiting at the road side to feast on the leftovers of their partially eaten snack or meal. Its not coffee grounds that you might throw on your lawn to fertilize it......its GARBAGE !!!

Well that is just soooooooooo cold!!!
Yep agree 100% litter thrown from cars is disgusting..carry a bag for your empty cups, banana peels, buy an ash tray if you smoke and this pizzes me off the most because certain times of the year FIRE HAZARD.. etc and throw in the trash when you get home. The peels, apple cores etc attract wildlife long before they ever break down

We do this when travelling.. if stopping for gas we ask the attendant if it's ok to throw our trash in their bin..usually a small bag and no one has ever said no

Old 01-30-2009, 01:35 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,687,834 times
I apologize of what i said earlier.. i said it rudely

i just thought orange peels or any type of food thrown on the ground is'nt considered littering... Maybe if its on concrete it is.

I just feel littering isn't really polluting (like everyone makes it out to be). But it does make everything look less appealing

Old 01-30-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
I apologize of what i said earlier.. i said it rudely

i just thought orange peels or any type of food thrown on the ground is'nt considered littering... Maybe if its on concrete it is.

I just feel littering isn't really polluting (like everyone makes it out to be). But it does make everything look less appealing
Ahhhhhhh....I understand now....garbage on concrete = littering (maybe)
garbage on ground = not littering ?
littering = not polluting but not attractive

Are you serious ???

Old 01-30-2009, 03:49 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,862,267 times
Quote:
BLECH!! I smoke and don't do that...have an ASHTRAY, yeah had to buy one from Chrysler cause they don't put them in cars anymore..everytime I see some jerk do that I'm hoping the draft brings it right back in his window

Litter is litter and spare me with the organic biodegradeable stuff
First of all in most towns you are NOT supposed to be feeding the wildlife, encourages them to stay instaed of moving on looking for food in the woods

What makes rabbit or deer poo better than dog poo..are you people serious??

Rabbits and deer are vegetarians
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey