Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 12:28 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
ohh so true, in Plattsburgh they would leave their shoes and clothes in the parking lots after they came and bought their clothes cheaper at the Stores. You would see shoes just left in the lot!
No place is perfect but your not going to compare a pair of shoes in a parking lot to the mountains of trash we see strewn along our highways are you ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 02:10 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
I'll chuck an apple core or unwanted bread (biscuits, etc) out off the roadway, but ONLY when it is into a natural area.

Certainly wouldn't do it in front of a developed area or off a bridge, etc.

For everything else, I'll swing into a gas station / car wash and fill their garbage cans.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I'll chuck an apple core or unwanted bread (biscuits, etc) out off the roadway, but ONLY when it is into a natural area.
You understand what your doing is illegal ?

Old 02-01-2009, 10:15 PM

7 posts, read 14,734 times
Yes. As a car service owner my drivers and myself are CONSTANTLY calling local police departments while on the road for such issues.

Any citizen can file a complaint against another driver. ALWAYS get the license plate number. If you have that, call information for the local police station. Once you call them they're usually happy to tell you that you can stop at a local police station, or even a state police barracks along the highway (usually Expressway or Parkway).

Once you're there you can file a complaint against somene for littering, driving aggressively, or any other legal infraction. Granted it takes a little time, usually less than half an hour at a station, but it is effective. A complaint will be sent out, and if the infraction was well documented (license plate, time, date, location, time of call to police), it's not terribly uncommon for the violator to be issued a ticket. Good luck.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:08 AM

132 posts, read 631,743 times
Just saw a classic over the weekend. Corner house down the block has a dog. Their lawn has a "curb your dog" sign. They have told people to not walk their dogs along their property or even pause to allow dogs for a quick sniff. What did I see him do? Walk his dog to other's property and let his dog lift his leg at their bushes and mailboxes. Makes me wonder if he teaches his children the same way.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:45 AM

1,602 posts, read 4,159,983 times
I went on a date with a guy, just one date, who went off about people that litter. He then told me he was once driving when he witnessed a woman with her children open her driver's side window and toss out a McDonald's Happy Meal onto the pavement. He said he stopped, picked up the Happy meal and "Followed" her all the way to her driveway, he got out, handed her the Happy Meal and said, "you dropped this" ... She was terrified and said, "What's wrong with you, I'm a mother with my children, are you nuts" ??

I thought he was, but that's just me.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:55 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
ohh so true, in Plattsburgh they would leave their shoes and clothes in the parking lots after they came and bought their clothes cheaper at the Stores. You would see shoes just left in the lot!

Crazy! isn't it??? I have never seen such pigs when they came over the border to NY! All the darn bags,boxes just so they don't have to claim it!!!

And Flyer--it wasn't an isolated incident!! It was happening for YEARS. I can vouch for it since I saw trash every time I went to the malls in our area and lived there for 30 yrs!

No wonder Canada is so neat in some areas--the trash gets strewn in parts of Buffalo! (20 minutes to Canada)...

Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTransport View Post
Yes. As a car service owner my drivers and myself are CONSTANTLY calling local police departments while on the road for such issues.

Any citizen can file a complaint against another driver. ALWAYS get the license plate number. If you have that, call information for the local police station. Once you call them they're usually happy to tell you that you can stop at a local police station, or even a state police barracks along the highway (usually Expressway or Parkway).

Once you're there you can file a complaint against somene for littering, driving aggressively, or any other legal infraction. Granted it takes a little time, usually less than half an hour at a station, but it is effective. A complaint will be sent out, and if the infraction was well documented (license plate, time, date, location, time of call to police), it's not terribly uncommon for the violator to be issued a ticket. Good luck.
Thank you.......your time and information regarding this matter is most appreciated.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
I went on a date with a guy, just one date, who went off about people that litter. He then told me he was once driving when he witnessed a woman with her children open her driver's side window and toss out a McDonald's Happy Meal onto the pavement. He said he stopped, picked up the Happy meal and "Followed" her all the way to her driveway, he got out, handed her the Happy Meal and said, "you dropped this" ... She was terrified and said, "What's wrong with you, I'm a mother with my children, are you nuts" ??

I thought he was, but that's just me.
Nuts ???......maybe its just me but I would have been impressed. Theres very few people in the world today willing to take the time and effort to do the right thing........he did and you dumped him for that ???

Old 02-02-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Crazy! isn't it??? I have never seen such pigs when they came over the border to NY! All the darn bags,boxes just so they don't have to claim it!!!

And Flyer--it wasn't an isolated incident!! It was happening for YEARS. I can vouch for it since I saw trash every time I went to the malls in our area and lived there for 30 yrs!

No wonder Canada is so neat in some areas--the trash gets strewn in parts of Buffalo! (20 minutes to Canada)...
Look....I can't speak for ALL Canadians.......I'm sure there are exceptions for every rule or example.....however......Canada is not "neat" by accident.....nor is it neat because they store their trash up and deposit it over the border in the States on the weekends. The only excuse I can think of is that with so much trash littering our highways and streets they might be mistaken and think its legal to litter down here ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey