Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:15 PM

7 posts, read 23,556 times

Advertisements

I am moving to NJ and will be working in Ridgefield Park.Iam thinking of getting an apartment in lakeview apartments,leonia as its close to ridgefield park.I dont know much about the place.And iam not sure how safe is lake view avenue for a couple with a 6month old baby.My wife is a home maker.Can anyone please let me know how safe is lakeview apartments and the area arround it.
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 11:51 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,326 times
Why is "safety" always the first question out of peoples mouths when discussing a move to NJ?
For one of the more populous states, NJ is very, very safe as a whole. Leonia is a boring suburb with little to no action at all (let alone crime).
Rest easy my friend, the hoards of maundering NJ natives will not attack you & your precious family in the middle of suburbia.
Unbelievable...................................

Old 02-04-2009, 12:21 AM

Thank you for your reply.My question was not to offend anyone.As i mentioned earlier i dont know much about new jersey.So naturally the first thought will be safety especially when u r moving with your family.Thats all.I would also like to know about lakeview apatments.I also came across an aparment called Larch gardens in Teaneck.Does anyone know anything regarding the area of these aparments and how these aparments are to live.Which place is better to live-leonia or teaneck?

Old 02-04-2009, 12:24 AM

4,286 posts, read 10,764,282 times
I would prefer Leonia.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:33 AM

Why do you prefer Leonia?How different are these places??

Old 02-04-2009, 04:39 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,009 times
they are totally safe nice busy little areas. I think if you like a city buzz and action with alot of different types of people your in the right area. These towns are fine, safe and stimulating. Its not the quiet country , its not really even suburbia, its sorts city/with surbarban details. However it is totally safe. Good highways and location to move around fast. Close to NYC, close to shopping, people are friendly and there is very little crime in that area. Could at times be alot of action and traffic but also walkable to some things also if in the right area. I think you will like it.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:31 AM

2,791 posts, read 10,806,384 times
Leonia has an excellent school system. It's a nice town to raise a family; very community oriented with a large Korean population. Sorry I don't know about Teaneck.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 AM

Thanks a lot friends.Does anyone know about the lake view apartments??

Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Why is "safety" always the first question out of peoples mouths when discussing a move to NJ?
For one of the more populous states, NJ is very, very safe as a whole. Leonia is a boring suburb with little to no action at all (let alone crime).
Rest easy my friend, the hoards of maundering NJ natives will not attack you & your precious family in the middle of suburbia.
Unbelievable...................................
i'm guessing you had a very bad day.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 PM

I read the posts regarding Ridgefield park.Sounds good.But didnt find many apartments or homes in the internet.And most of them have not given any pictures.I have got only one day to check out the place,this saturday.So if i had an idea where to look for these homes it could be much easier because the commute is long from where iam staying presently.Any ideas friends??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey