U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,223 times

Advertisements

[font=Verdana]I was issued a Traffic ticket for not stopping stop sign when officer came to intestate the car accident I was involved in, but officer did not see that I was stop or not, because he was not there when accident occurred.
Can officer issue a ticket which did not see ?
Is this ticket valid ?
Can it be dismissed ?
How officer can accuse someone without witnessed?
Where can I find in the NJ Law?

Last edited by sungah1; 02-04-2009 at 11:51 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 10:41 AM

13,242 posts, read 27,488,717 times
Ticket is valid...you need to plead not guilty to ticket & go to court and tell your side to judge

Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM

16,666 posts, read 11,616,894 times
You were in an accident and did not stop?

You saw one and did not stop?

They play the points for dollars game BTW. No points but more dollars.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:55 AM

610 posts, read 967,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungah1 View Post
[font=Verdana]I was issued a Traffic ticket for not stopping stop sign when officer came to intestate the car accident I was involved in, but officer did not see that I was stop or not, because he was not there when accident occurred.
Can officer issue a ticket which did not see ?
Is this ticket valid ?
Can it be dismissed ?
How officer can accuse someone without witnessed?
Where can I find in the NJ Law?
why did he issue the ticket? Did the other person you were in an accident with say that you didn't stop? If he/she did, than he or she is the complaining witness.

Old 02-04-2009, 02:46 PM

21,610 posts, read 15,322,529 times
Default insurance company twist

It is typical for the insurance company to disregard the ticket issued when it is in their favor. They will say, "Did the issuing officer actually see the accident?". If the answer is No, the insurance company will often assess the situation in a way that costs them the least. Been there done that! I protested the findings of an insurance company with the help of the dept of insurance, division of investigation. Not sure if that state dept still exists.

It is the aspect of insurance fraud no one ever mentions. Fraud conducted by insurance companies.

Sometimes it is evident what caused or contributed to an accident. Hard to defend disregard of a stop sign when you are involved in an accident. Even if you stopped, then proceded, you were still probably at fault. Depends on your specific situation.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:39 PM

31,587 posts, read 32,763,065 times
Yes, it's valid. Yes, I went to court. Of course I lost. I stopped, and then proceed through the intersection. If you don't stop, you're guilty. If you stop then drive into the intersection and are hit by someone who is speeding while talking on their cell phone, you're still guilty. No police officer saw my accident happen, in fact it took longer than anticipated for anyone to show up. I paid more to loose the points. Money's a little tight these days. They just want the cash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey