Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 1,589 times

Advertisements

I moved to morris county to be closer to my family i have a son who is going to be 11 and has autism i am fed up with the public schools & am now fighting for out of school district can any one give me a good list or recommendation me to any private school in Morris County?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 06:53 PM

23 posts, read 59,053 times
it really depends on the needs of the child ... for example, some may recommend

http://www.craigschool.org/

my friend's son attended the school, but she has her doubts...
there is also Winston School in Short Hills
http://winstonschool.org/

if you were to fight for OOD, make sure you have done your homework.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:53 PM

23 posts, read 59,053 times
it really depends on the needs of the child ... for example, some may recommend

http://www.craigschool.org/

my friend's son attended the school, but she has her doubts...
there is also Winston School in Short Hills
http://winstonschool.org/

if you were to fight for OOD, make sure you have done your homework.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM

26 posts, read 52,987 times
Hi,

Can anybody recommend any good speech therapist near Edison? My son gets 2 sessions/week (each session 30 minutes) in public school but we think he needs more.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Old 09-13-2012, 11:26 PM

286 posts, read 851,290 times
I am sure the social worker for your son or even the speech therapist would know some private speech therapists. Just ask.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,465 times
Default Relocating to Princeton area

Hi,
I see a few years back you were in the same position I am finding myself in now. My husband will be relocating to the Princeton area in the new year. We have 3 young children. My oldest is 8 yrs old and has autism. She is high functioning and in an inclusive public classroom setting in a rural town in Alabama. Needless to say this will be a big adjustment for all of us. In all of your research which public schools do you recommen? Keeping in mind I have 2 NT elementary age school children as well. One last thing, although high functioning, my daughter has many issues I'm sure will need addressing , ie, social isolation, academic (math), some behavior.
I know this is a lot to ask for, recommendations, but it seems you were very diligent in your search for a school for your child. I would appreciate any guidance.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 707 times
I'm having problems with getting my 4 yr old grandson evaluated they are asking for insurance where at this moment nj kid care is giving us a hard time all papers have been summited and yet no ans. Im at a dead end don't know what else to do any help will be appreciated.

Old 08-24-2016, 03:19 PM

38 posts, read 36,560 times
Since this thread is on the subject, is it true that New Jersey generally has very high rates of autism? If so, is that because of an environmental issue (its history as a waste-dumping site)? I keep hearing that NJ is known for its rates of autism but don't know anyone who actually lives there. Asking because I am new to the state and while I don't plan on having kids anytime soon, want to know of any concerns regarding the tap water, certain neighborhoods, etc.

Old 08-24-2016, 10:53 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynj147 View Post
Since this thread is on the subject, is it true that New Jersey generally has very high rates of autism? If so, is that because of an environmental issue (its history as a waste-dumping site)? I keep hearing that NJ is known for its rates of autism but don't know anyone who actually lives there. Asking because I am new to the state and while I don't plan on having kids anytime soon, want to know of any concerns regarding the tap water, certain neighborhoods, etc.
No. I keep reading threads about people with autistic children moving to New Jersey because they have good schools. I'm serious. I don't know how many times I've read, "Which school district will be best for my autistic child?" Too many to remember.

Old 08-25-2016, 06:05 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
No. I keep reading threads about people with autistic children moving to New Jersey because they have good schools. I'm serious. I don't know how many times I've read, "Which school district will be best for my autistic child?" Too many to remember.
I was just thinking that. We get this same question over and over, but the only people who can really answer are other parents of autistic children and possibly some educators. It's not on everyone's radar.

My daughter had kids with autism mainstreamed in her classes. Does that mean our town's schools were "good" for autistic kids? I have no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey