Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 07:42 PM

8 posts, read 37,277 times

Advertisements

Anyone know where I can find some reviews of creme de la creme daycare center in Mount Laurel? And any other reviews of daycare centers in the Mount Laurel or Moorestown area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,637,636 times
Wow! Interesting thread!

I recently left a position at the Goddard School in Cherry Hill and have (sort of) been looking for a new position. I am VERY picky so I do not want to accept just ANY job.

If you put preschool or daycare in google, Creme De Le Creme doesn't even show up. The only reason I know of them is because they posted a job listing on Monster.com

If I had not noticed that listing, I would have NEVER have known this company.

I looked at their website and on the surface, it looks fantastic. I am still on the fence as far as applying for another preschool teacher position. I just am afraid of being let down by sub-standards.

PLEASE.....keep me posted on what you find out about this company, please!!!!

CHEERS,
SHANNY

Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM

19 posts, read 62,138 times
Anybody able to make any recommendations/ provide their experience with daycare centers in the Mount Laurel, Marlton, Moorestown areas?

Old 10-25-2009, 07:38 PM

13,980 posts, read 25,939,932 times
Creme de le Creme is a chain, perhaps a franchise operation?. We have them here in GA. I never heard of them when we lived in NJ, but I do know people who are very happy with their program. I did hear it was "expensive".

Old 10-25-2009, 07:39 PM

19 posts, read 62,138 times
Thanks. Anybody have any comments on Excel Learning Centers, there is one in Marlton and one in Mount Laurel.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 AM

4,187 posts, read 11,923,904 times
Excel Learning Center.

The one in Mount Laurel is much better than the one in Marlton. It's a newer building and lots of space for the kids to play.

I had both my boys went there starting from pre-k5. Not sure about day-care services but their curriculum is very good. They offer up to kindergarten and it's much more advanced than the public kindergarten.

Staff are very easy to deal with. Only one downside, they are expensive. They also offer summer camps as well.

My kids were well prepared when they left Excel and went to public school.

Old 10-26-2009, 08:52 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,515,735 times
It has a very good reputation.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:53 PM

1 posts, read 6,599 times
Exclamation Parents be Cautious

I've worked at several day care centers in New Jersey and Pennsylvania over the past six years and I've seen a lot of shady buisness practices and behaviors from owners, directors, and teachers. If you are looking into a day care for your child please be observant and don't let the teachers, directors, or owners talk you into feeling a particular way about the center; trust your instinct. The teachers are trained on how to either give tours of their classrooms or centers or how to act when a perspective parent enters their rooms in order to "make the sell". Directors and owners will tell you ANYTHING even a bold-faced lie in order to get your buisness. If they say all of their teachers are certified and recieve a certain amount of training per year, demand to see the documentation for this. If they say that lesson plans are created for each age group and encompass rich, child-centered activities that help develop the cognitive, physical, and socio-emotional abilities of children, demand to see proof of this. If they say they serve only healthy breakfasts, lunches, and snacks, demand to see exactly what they serve. YOU have to be your child's best advocate please don't let the wool be pulled of your eyes and don't let a nice looking facility and new toys sway your opinion. Demand proof for the claims the owner, director, or teacher is making.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey