Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:18 PM

2 posts, read 38,569 times

Advertisements

I often see people commenting on how great of a place Marlboro New Jersey is to live. The area has a very low crime and drug rate. Yes, this is all true. Marlboro, along with the surrounding area, used to be nothing but farms and a very small community of people. However for the past couple of years there has been a breed of stuck up ignorant people moving into the area.

I'm 18 and have lived in Marlboro all my life. I'm a senior at Marlboro High School and will be graduating this year. My first priority is to move out of this town and state. As stated before, there is a new breed of wealthy people moving into the area. A majority of these people have horrible attitudes and think they are better than everybody else.

The kids that attend Marlboro High School are obnoxious. They are like a bunch of robots. They all text during class and talk about how their mommy and daddy just bought them a Ferrari or other ridiculously expensive car. They give the teachers horrible attitudes and treat them like trash. There are a select few I am friends with who are decent people, and those same people are the ones who aren't wealthy. It's gotten to the point where I tend to drive to school late every day just so that I do not have to be around these brats.

The retail stores such as Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, etc. in the area have tremendously high markups on all their products simply because they know that the people in this town are wealthy and willing to pay the price tag. I can purchase the same product at the Best Buy about 20 miles down Route 9 for $10-$30 less. Gas is very high in the area as well.

The bottom line is that if you are not wealthy tend not to move into this area. The non wealthy are looked down upon as if they don't belong here. There are For Sale signs up all over this development because my neighbors feel the same way. I'm posting this because I am fed up with the people in this area. My family and I, once I finish high school, are packing up our bags and leaving. Its gotten to the point where the people moving into this area are so despicable that we tend not to go out on weekends like we normally would when I was younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 02:25 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,333,475 times
I guess manalapan, and colts neck are getting overcrowded huh?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM

2 posts, read 38,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
I guess manalapan, and colts neck are getting overcrowded huh?
Don't even ask. There's 43 kids in my First Aid/CPR class. 43 damn kids packed into one room. Is that even legal?

Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,628,197 times
Maybe u guys should hang outside dressed like thugs and spray the town to give false impressions for potential home-buyers in that area.. haha. I have a friend who walks the streets of my upscale neighborhood cursing and smoking and I think he's making the property values go down. U have to protect ur hood. Do something to their BMW so they can go home and show their daddy how much of a weak little weasle they are. nah im kidding... .. ..

Old 02-06-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyhoo43 View Post
Don't even ask. There's 43 kids in my First Aid/CPR class. 43 damn kids packed into one room. Is that even legal?
Does marlboro high school get kids from other districts?

Old 02-06-2009, 05:22 PM

11,340 posts, read 16,695,644 times
Good majority of residents there are re-located from Brooklyn.

Lets start the bashing now...

Old 02-06-2009, 05:24 PM

So these are the ones who left when the russians came, interesting

Old 02-06-2009, 06:51 PM

249 posts, read 753,703 times
When I was a senior in college I interviewed for an elementary teaching job in Marlboro. The guy interviewing me said upfront that when there are issues with students/parents, the admin. sides with parents over teachers. Turned me off right away. When they called for the second interview, I didn't go back. I'll take my urban bunch over some spoiled-brat any day.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:28 PM

^^^

come on man are you serious?

they said that to you

Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 PM

4,416 posts, read 5,148,127 times
Don't leave. The second all the normal people leave N.J. the quicker we will become like California. Your mostly likely going to find much of the same, wherever you go anyway. There are also many wealthy folks leaving the area to, heading to the same place you are. The thing is, these wealthy pricks are not only snobs, but snobs who don't like diversity around them (economic, ethnic etc...). i.e. Doylestown PA, Cornelius NC, Franklin TN, Holly Springs NC, and other such Valhallas'......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey