Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:59 PM

18 posts, read 122,047 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the response. Can you please show me some threads about Birch Glen? If it is as bad as people say, I don't want to bother looking at those homes.

Also, do you know if Maple Woods and Maple Grove is connected? There was a listing for 2 homes on Lackland Avenue. One listing was in Maple Woods and the other in Maple Grove.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 04:54 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvsp View Post
Also, do you know if Maple Woods and Maple Grove is connected? There was a listing for 2 homes on Lackland Avenue. One listing was in Maple Woods and the other in Maple Grove.
They are adjacent to each other. If you turn on to Lackland from Birch Run, Maple Grove units will be immediately on your right and left. If you keep going on Lackland, you will notice the 'look' of units change. That's where Maple Woods starts. All Maple Woods units, if I recall correctly, are on either Lackland or Chariot.

One more item to bear in mind about Birch Glen. The big empty lot at the intersection of Birch Run and Possumtown, adjacent to Birch Glen, is slated to be the site for low-income rentals in the near future. Address is 1 Possumtown, the old Rheometrics site.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 PM

Well, that's not a good sign. When do they expect to start building and renting out these low income homes?

I also saw another development called Starpoint that had some nice looking homes listed. I haven't visited there, but according to the map it is closer to RU than Maple Wood, Maple Grove, and Birch Glen. I'm not looking at Birch Glen anymore due to all the complaints concerning their build qualities.

Have you heard anything about Starpoint?

Old 02-08-2009, 06:56 PM

Starpoint has a shuttle to Edison train station, making it a very popular choice for NYC commuters.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:27 PM

How about location wise? Is it in a safe area?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkvsp View Post
How about location wise? Is it in a safe area?
There is slightly more crime in that area than there is in the Birch Run area, but understand that neither area is what I'd call high crime (or even medium crime). Violent crime is rare to non-existent, property crime does happen from time to time.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:54 PM

13 posts, read 72,892 times
Default train noise

I grew up on Locust Ave, (the train tracks were in plain sight, about 300-400 from house), the noise never bothered me growing up and the trains only ran at night. After I moved and stayed over one night, I thought the train was coming through the house. So i guess you do get used to it, but might take a little time. And yes, there are plans for the old rheometrics site, i don't know about low income, but you can bet the traffic will only get worse, something to consider.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-ian View Post
I grew up on Locust Ave, (the train tracks were in plain sight, about 300-400 from house), the noise never bothered me growing up and the trains only ran at night. After I moved and stayed over one night, I thought the train was coming through the house. So i guess you do get used to it, but might take a little time.
I never heard the horns blow when I moved to the area about six years ago. But I do hear it now. I think they may have recently started the practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam-ian View Post
And yes, there are plans for the old rheometrics site, i don't know about low income, but you can bet the traffic will only get worse, something to consider.
I don't know what current plans are but it was intended to be low income at one point. See the verbiage in a bulletin by NJ DEP from Sept 2007, where 1 Possumtown is called a "proposed affordable housing development". The builder is listed as Cedar Associates LLC, 53 Mountain Blvd., Warren NJ 07059.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:11 PM

13 posts, read 72,892 times
sync, I am sorry I did have my "Maples" confused. I knew one was older. I do believe there is also "low income" housing going up at the old gsk site on Possumtown road at 287, (across from park). between tyhese and if Geerlings ever sells and gets going, Piscataway is gonna be a constant traffic jam.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:41 PM

As for Maple Woods, Maple Grove, and Starpoint, how is the build quality of those homes? Also, do you guys recommend that area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey