Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times

Advertisements

I mailed something to Florida (ebay sale) and the guy was sweating me like crazy. He chose no insurance or tracking, but I keep all of my receipts, so I copied, scanned and emailed it to him. He still didn't believe me.
He got it 8 weeks later and apologized because he saw the original post mark. It does happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 06:46 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,365,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I lost my mind in the mail....still waiting for it.
LOL!!! I feel you here!!

I wanted to rep you for this (10 times over!) but unfortunately, I'm not on here enough lately, to spread reps.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks for all the stories and ideas. I see I am not alone. The pillowcases were lost forever. Well I found a solution, I reorder the same damn pillowcases this time paid for the insurance. So they will hopefully arrive this time.

If you used a CC..call them you may be suprised that they refund you

Old 02-15-2009, 06:47 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
thanks for all the stories and ideas. I see I am not alone. The pillowcases were lost forever. Well I found a solution, I reorder the same damn pillowcases this time paid for the insurance. So they will hopefully arrive this time.
Insurance won't help either.
If it gets delivered to the wrong address, how do you prove it?

I ordered a Barbie doll online for a friend. We were on the phone, she gave me her CC info, I typed in her name & address. Not sure what happened but the doll ended up going to a preachers house a block away and they kept it. I don't remember how we figured it out. They did nothing to deliver the doll to the real address up the street.

No one would do anything because it showed someone had received the package.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe switch to UPS.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:14 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Insurance won't help either.
If it gets delivered to the wrong address, how do you prove it?

I ordered a Barbie doll online for a friend. We were on the phone, she gave me her CC info, I typed in her name & address. Not sure what happened but the doll ended up going to a preachers house a block away and they kept it. I don't remember how we figured it out. They did nothing to deliver the doll to the real address up the street.

No one would do anything because it showed someone had received the package.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe switch to UPS.
I read an article a couple of years ago that said UPS had the best standard ground/air package delivery, tracking, follow up. FedEx was also very good but nearly always cost a bit more. I'd switch to UPS.

FexEx still seems to rule in the same day, next day, document or small package delivery.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:55 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,662,846 times
Same thing happened to me a few months ago. I won a bid in Ebay for a Hummel. The Post Office tracking # said it was delivered here. Never got it. They said they would ask the mailman that delivered that day. After many phone calls back and forth nothing came about. I tell everyone now to UPS things. There is alot of theft in the Post Office!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:12 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,746,310 times
Quote:
thanks all ,no this package did not have insurance however either someone stole from porch, some at post office stole or got delievered to wrong house and then stolen. So if I get insurance on everything, will that solve the problem?

Maybe I can give you a hand:

If you get insurance is not going to help, your best bet is to have all the packages delivered to you or shipped with signature confirmation.

And I will explain why insurance is not good...for insurance you need to fill a bunch of forms out and even if the Item is worth from 1.00 to what ever the postal service will always give you a hard time and 99.9% of the time you are not going to get your money refunded to you.

If you paid with a credit card and your box did not arrive you can always call your credit card company and do a charge back.

If you paid with a check or Money order or cash...then you with not have any remedies...

Hope this helps!!!

Old 02-15-2009, 01:18 PM

652 posts, read 1,785,738 times
You can request a signature for your deliveries, that way they don't leave it and you'll know it was either delivered to the wrong house and that person forged your signature, or a postal employee stole it. What to do from there I don't know.
They are merciless at USPO no wonder they go crazy so often. Imagine working among so many distasteful angry people, we'd go crazy too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey