Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 07:53 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,053 times

Advertisements

(CNSNews.com) – Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) predicted on Thursday that none of his Senate colleagues would "have the chance" to read the entire final version of the $790-billion stimulus bill before the bill comes up for a final vote in Congress.

"
When CNSNews.com asked members of both parties on Capitol Hill on Thursday whether they had read the full, final bill, not one member could say, "Yes." ,"

CNSNews.com - Democratic Senator Predicts None of His Colleagues 'Will Have the Chance' to Read Final Stimulus Bill Before Vote (http://cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=43478 - broken link)

And why do more of you than not continue to vote for these A$$ clowns ??

BTW...it's presently 1071 pages long....and it MUST be voted on TODAY cuz queen Pelosi is going on an Italian
fact finding tour for the next 8 days....

Last edited by JBrown; 02-13-2009 at 08:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2009, 08:17 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Inside the Beltway is the fiscal Land of Oz it seems.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:18 AM

517 posts, read 1,964,246 times
It is completely idiotic to vote on something so unbelievably important without knowing the details. It boggles my mind that so much pressure gets sent through the various ranks that elected officials just sign, because that's what's expected of them, without taking the time to actually read the documents. Isn't it their job to read all the details and form an opinion themselves? That would be an ideal world, I suppose.

Wouldn't it be interesting if there's something so outrageous buried somewhere in the proposal that won't surface until later.... and everyone gets caught off guard because no one actually read it. Then, comes the finger-pointing.

Well, I suppose this equates to signing a contract when you buy a house. Does everyone really read every single word? It's not until something goes wrong and you have to refer to the document and you realize... I agreed to that??? The only difference here is that these folks are paid to protect their constituents, right?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:31 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
Why should this bill be any different than any other piece of legislature these morons work on? Does anyone really think that any of these million-page bills get read before they get voted on?

Old 02-13-2009, 08:32 AM

1,552 posts, read 4,633,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Why should this bill be any different than any other piece of legislature these morons work on? Does anyone really think that any of these million-page bills get read before they get voted on?
I know it's 100% accurate what you're saying, but when you think about it, it's really insane.

Old 02-13-2009, 08:36 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
I know it's 100% accurate what you're saying, but when you think about it, it's really insane.
You do a terrible disservice to insane people with a statement like that

Old 02-13-2009, 08:42 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
(CNSNews.com) – Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) predicted on Thursday that none of his Senate colleagues would "have the chance" to read the entire final version of the $790-billion stimulus bill before the bill comes up for a final vote in Congress.

"
When CNSNews.com asked members of both parties on Capitol Hill on Thursday whether they had read the full, final bill, not one member could say, "Yes." ,"

CNSNews.com - Democratic Senator Predicts None of His Colleagues 'Will Have the Chance' to Read Final Stimulus Bill Before Vote (http://cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=43478 - broken link)

And why do more of you than not continue to vote for these A$$ clowns ??

BTW...it's presently 1071 pages long....and it MUST be voted on TODAY cuz queen Pelosi is going on an Italian
fact finding tour for the next 8 days....

No doubt on page 1071 there's an attachment that states all members in congress will receive a 10% salary increase for 2009...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 AM

619 posts, read 2,199,770 times
Yeah..I totally get it. I mean, just last week, my husband and I bought a new house for $2.7 million. Or at least we think we did - might have been $3.5M. Didn't have time to read the paperwork. I'm sure it's all fine. Our kids are gonna pay for it anyway, so really, what does it matter? Now, I've gotta run. I have three or four collections agencies to call back regarding the car we just had repo'd...

Old 02-13-2009, 09:46 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,606,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mczabe View Post
Yeah..I totally get it. I mean, just last week, my husband and I bought a new house for $2.7 million. Or at least we think we did - might have been $3.5M. Didn't have time to read the paperwork. I'm sure it's all fine. Our kids are gonna pay for it anyway, so really, what does it matter? Now, I've gotta run. I have three or four collections agencies to call back regarding the car we just had repo'd...

well make sure you pick up new car while your out before the others show up on your credit report

Old 02-13-2009, 09:48 AM

619 posts, read 2,199,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
well make sure you pick up new car while your out before the others show up on your credit report
THIS is why I love city-data. The advice I get here is priceless!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey