Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,536 times

Advertisements

So since I'm trying to downsize expenses, my husband and I are looking for affordable apartments in a relatively nice area. We're not very familiar with NJ south of Newark. Yes, I've looked at tons of websites! But the Skyview apartments (or you can still call them condos), look like a great deal for a brand new apartment for lease with the option to buy. Does anyone currently live there or toured the property that can provide some insight? (Other than what the website and Craigslist provides) Is the property completely finished like the fitness center? Is parking included in the deal? If you do live there, how do you like it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 02:25 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,685,945 times
Here's more insight on the Apartments. Seems nice.
Skyview at Carriage City Plaza

Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,458,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowGal View Post
So since I'm trying to downsize expenses, my husband and I are looking for affordable apartments in a relatively nice area. We're not very familiar with NJ south of Newark. Yes, I've looked at tons of websites! But the Skyview apartments (or you can still call them condos), look like a great deal for a brand new apartment for lease with the option to buy. Does anyone currently live there or toured the property that can provide some insight? (Other than what the website and Craigslist provides) Is the property completely finished like the fitness center? Is parking included in the deal? If you do live there, how do you like it?
They are really nice
All that is included with the condo's is complete , what is not yet complete is the first floor retail stores , a few stores have already opened and there are still a few for rent

I checked the mls and the rental prices range from 1225 to 1850
try to find one that is listed by the owner or as the owner pays real estate fee or at least 1/2

Good luck with your search and i hope to
See ya at the Waiting Room

Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 PM

8 posts, read 27,676 times
We toured the apartments.. the first couple of floors are the Indigo hotel (not sure abt the retail stores that brian mentions), and the entry to the apartments are through the hotel lobby, which did not really work for us... the fitness center is not complete and they have no date for when it will be functional.. parking was an additional $85(if i remember correctly).. the apartments are decent tho.. good luck with ur search..:-)

Old 05-05-2009, 11:46 AM

138 posts, read 610,375 times
I toured them and was not thrilled. The actual apartments are nice looking, except I thought the windows were small. But everything is an additional fee. The gym is not done yet but will cost extra. The parking is in the municipal deck which is a hike if you have groceries or luggage, plus it's $85 per month.

Old 05-05-2009, 12:09 PM

136 posts, read 723,019 times
The 30 minutes to Manhattan by train boast on their Website is laughable, I must say. Either someone isn't reading the NJ Transit schedule closely enough or truth isn't a priority.

If I had a nicklel for everytime a developer or realtor lied about how quickly people can get to Manhattan, I'd be a rich man.

Last edited by Thosepeskyfacts; 05-05-2009 at 12:23 PM..

Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 AM

19 posts, read 100,244 times
Default Living there

Rahway is a nice town, especially the area around the NJ Transit station. The apartment is not bad and you get a great view with the ones facing the West (the sunset is beautiful).

Having said that Skyview isn't bad. The rent is slightly overpriced but you have the train station right outside and that's a big convenience if you work in the city. The apartments are new, clean but I wouldn't say the quality of work inside is great. The walls are thin but I haven't had any major noise problems. People are nice overall.

Then you have BJ's, ShopRite, AMC etc. all near by. There are a lot of good churches in the area too.

But considering that NJ Transit might raise the fare by 25%, the monthly pass from Rahway to NY Penn would cost around $250. I could save that money and get a better deal up north (in Bergen county) and save on commuting time too. JM2C.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM

1 posts, read 6,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowGal View Post
Hi, I own a condo on the 7th floor in Skyview and have tenants who love it. Unfortunately they are leaving as/of April 1. The unit comes with a parking garage for $90.00 per month. I also have lived in Rahway for 5 years and it keeps getting better and better.

If you like, i could send you pictures. email & let me know.

Thanks
Lisa
Ldillon421@comcast.net

Old 05-16-2011, 06:13 AM

1 posts, read 6,307 times
My husband and I are looking to move closer to NYC. I work in Neptune and he works in Jersey City, so Rahway would be a perfect midpoint.

Skyview looks like it could be a great fit, but I am wary to sign a lease with all of the stuff going on with the building. Anyone know if they offer two year leases? (Looking to move late summer/early fall).

Also, anyone know how much deposits are? Thanks!

Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,844,597 times
There are other apartment complexes in Downtown Rahway that were recently completed.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey