Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:20 AM

13,372 posts, read 28,615,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
But that doesn't give any reason to get the Al and Jessie Show on the road.

The only black man I've have seen stand up and speak out on issues like this is Bill Cosby and he's been taken to task for speaking out....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
well neither did my family. I'm the first generation born in America on my mom's side. and the third on my dad's. but don't you even feel the least bit ashamed?

Nope, nada..was not even alive then so why should I be ashamed. My family did not own slaves

Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 AM

see can't even have a Mardi Gras parade with out these thugs shooting people up..where is Al & Jesse???? To worried over a stupid cartoon

Motive unclear in Mardi Gras shooting on St. Charles Avenue parade route - Breaking News from New Orleans - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com

Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
see can't even have a Mardi Gras parade with out these thugs shooting people up..where is Al & Jesse???? To worried over a stupid cartoon

Motive unclear in Mardi Gras shooting on St. Charles Avenue parade route - Breaking News from New Orleans - Times-Picayune - NOLA.com
Aw, c'mon....they look like a bunch of innocent baseball fans with brand-spanking new Phillies and Cardinals jackets on. You must be a Yankee fan.

Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM

1,552 posts, read 4,621,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
The only black man I've have seen stand up and speak out on issues like this is Bill Cosby and he's been taken to task for speaking out....
That's because they don't want to hear anything that has to do with taking responsibility for their own problems. It's much easier (and, in the case of Sharpton & Co., more lucrative) to externalize everything as someone else's problem, and brand everyone who challenges their view and who won't swallow the offered portion of white guilt as racist (even to the point where they attack Bill Cosby).

That's worked real well so far.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Aw, c'mon....they look like a bunch of innocent baseball fans with brand-spanking new Phillies and Cardinals jackets on. You must be a Yankee fan.

LOL..nope Mets

It's Angola for them...whew nasty azz prison from what I'm told

Old 02-25-2009, 09:03 PM

5,238 posts, read 7,955,927 times
injustice and discrimination is different than being owned. i do understand angery feelings lingering to some degree. but certainly all these yrs later i think the playing field is pretty level. even many educated blacks that have made something of themselves will admit if the black youth of today want to be something the opportunity is there. racism or you are picking on me cuz im black can still be used for the ones that dont really want to make an effort in life. as racial lines blend, that excuse will probably disappear for the most part. certainly there is some real racism among pple but it goes both ways. i think for the most part the average person will give someone a chance based on their own merits, not color.

that was my point earlier, about jesse and al, they are not trying to help the black community make positive changes. they simply run to the press and cry injustice when something with even possible racial over tones does happen. their motives are to keep pple angery, it gives them their power to act as a voice for the underdog.

if they truly wanted to help the ghetto areas make changes, they could sponser a huge fund raiser, inviting successful pple, pro athletes and actors, and business pple. with those funds they could make positive changes to the ghetto areas. privately funded community centers, after school education programs, almost an endless amount of things that could be done to support pple in that area. but that would mean self-less actions on their parts. come to think of it, there are other black leaders that could develop such a plan. and yet the ghetto remains the same.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM

825 posts, read 3,153,264 times
i think that we can all agree that the cartoon is stupid and NOT funny...

Old 02-26-2009, 05:40 AM

11,295 posts, read 16,584,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STrapani1105 View Post
i think that we can all agree that the cartoon is stupid and NOT funny...
That cartoon is just that, a cartoon. No more funny or stupid than tons of cartoons when Bush was in office.

But then again, no one cared because Bush is white.

BTW....If you believe in evolution, we all came from monkeys.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:56 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,735,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd00 View Post
injustice and discrimination is different than being owned. i do understand angery feelings lingering to some degree. but certainly all these yrs later i think the playing field is pretty level. even many educated blacks that have made something of themselves will admit if the black youth of today want to be something the opportunity is there. racism or you are picking on me cuz im black can still be used for the ones that dont really want to make an effort in life. as racial lines blend, that excuse will probably disappear for the most part. certainly there is some real racism among pple but it goes both ways. i think for the most part the average person will give someone a chance based on their own merits, not color.

that was my point earlier, about jesse and al, they are not trying to help the black community make positive changes. they simply run to the press and cry injustice when something with even possible racial over tones does happen. their motives are to keep pple angery, it gives them their power to act as a voice for the underdog.

if they truly wanted to help the ghetto areas make changes, they could sponser a huge fund raiser, inviting successful pple, pro athletes and actors, and business pple. with those funds they could make positive changes to the ghetto areas. privately funded community centers, after school education programs, almost an endless amount of things that could be done to support pple in that area. but that would mean self-less actions on their parts. come to think of it, there are other black leaders that could develop such a plan. and yet the ghetto remains the same.

Excellent post. Rep point for you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey