Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:00 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am not a big socialite by any means however I do know a few things or two about events, food and service so I am going to give some of my opinions of a wedding at Westmount CC to help others who may be getting married.

First off the place is beautiful!! The cocktail hour rooms is fantastic, great layout for a big wedding and really classy and nice! I mean just beautiful.

Service this was excellent too!! I mean staff on the money, great service.

Presentation the food was presented beautifully again on the money.

Now here is the one BIG negitive. There were tons and I mean tons of choices in food for the cocktail hour. I mean the spread ranged from whole pigs, to sushi, to everything. But it was ALL BLAND AND TASTELESS!!!!! I mean this was a big disappointment. Main meal too again presented great but tasteless. If these guys could step up to the plate and just add a few spices which is not that hard to do they would have a good deal. So unfortunately food in my opinion bad!

Now I know wedding food is not top notch but for all the other great things that this place presented I expected alittle more. I mean it was not even cheap ingredients, seafood was fresh not mushy, but just bland. I mean everything bland.

Overall my dress was great, I pulled this one off, and survived the dreaded dress up episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2009, 07:07 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,933,744 times
My cousin had his wedding there about 10 years ago. It was really nice. Glad you had a good time.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:21 AM

2,312 posts, read 7,525,377 times
At least there was food. A wedding I went to a couple of years ago had a few dried up pieces of cheese and crackers for hors doeuvres, and no wine with the meal. It was horrible. At a very fancy waspy beach club on the Cape, too. I think the point was to get falling down drunk.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:00 AM

517 posts, read 1,806,380 times
I'm sorry it was so disappoininting. But, I'm hoping that you get many responses. My brother and future sister-in-law are getting married and having the reception there. They say that it's beautiful. They had no idea where to go but wanted something beautiful. I told them to check out this place because I remembered it was beautiful from my H.S. Prom. I went to the website and WOW! I hope that this isn't a common reaction for everyone

And it isn't cheap from what they told me. Over $200 a plate. It was just a suggestion- I hope they don't end up regretting it. I would feel horrible.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:10 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMTeacher View Post
I'm sorry it was so disappoininting. But, I'm hoping that you get many responses. My brother and future sister-in-law are getting married and having the reception there. They say that it's beautiful. They had no idea where to go but wanted something beautiful. I told them to check out this place because I remembered it was beautiful from my H.S. Prom. I went to the website and WOW! I hope that this isn't a common reaction for everyone

And it isn't cheap from what they told me. Over $200 a plate. It was just a suggestion- I hope they don't end up regretting it. I would feel horrible.
Tell them to go sample the food before it's too late.
They usually let you do that.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:

Listen the place was unbelievable, I cant think of a nicer place that I have been to for a wedding. So I dont want anyone to panic, and by the way some people at the wedding loved the food. So maybe it me.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:22 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:

Wow. I was there for a wedding a few years ago, and it was nice, but I wouldn't have guessed it cost that much. For that price you could probably get a Sunday afternoon at The Pleasantdale Chateau (A Saturday night would be more.). At least you know the food will be as perfect as the atmosphere there.

Old 02-22-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
At least there was food. A wedding I went to a couple of years ago had a few dried up pieces of cheese and crackers for hors doeuvres, and no wine with the meal. It was horrible. At a very fancy waspy beach club on the Cape, too. I think the point was to get falling down drunk.
to be honest this food was so bland and crappy that It kinda was the same thing, I could not eat it. But some people did like it so just goes to show you. Very odd to have a wedding with such lame food. I would feel funny doing that to my guests. I do not drink so that would have sucked for me!

Old 02-22-2009, 06:40 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,525,377 times
Well, some people have absolutely no taste when it comes to food (ha ha)--they eat crap and think it's good. It's sad!

Years ago I threw a party with a friend of mine who was in the food business. We both cooked. A very plainspoken guest came up to us and said, "Your food looks better (to the pro) but your food tastes better (to me)" A lot of times in these places presentation is everything.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 PM

517 posts, read 1,806,380 times
I'm keeping my fingers crossed- the place is already booked for the wedding next year.
I hope it was just that day and not bland food in general. We are portuguese and if you know Portuguese/Spanish food- these people like to eat and eat alot. We know our food and have alot of good restaurants to compare to (Newark- Ironbound).

My prom was about 15 yrs ago so I don't remember the food and probably didn't care much then.

Hope everyone will be happy with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey