Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 4,231 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I'm a 21 year-old student from Croatia, and I'm coming to New Jersey this summer on the Work and Travel programme. I need a job (waitress, hostess, ...) to meet new people, earn extra cash for my staying in the US so if you could help me find a job it would be great! I can start working from 10 th June - 15th September 2008.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2008, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 11,629 times
I have a house In New Jersey very close to the new jersey shore and not very far from New York. I am opening it up to any one who is interested in coming to USA for work or travel maybe on a J1 visa. I live close to areas that that a lot of J1 visa students work. I have helped a lot of eastern students in the past even hiring a lot of them to work in my restaurant. I have a house with plenty of room that will be very very comfortable for any one who gets a chance to stay here. I have a very large property in a quite area and anything you can want to have while you are here in usa. I can offer food and transportation for any one who stays with me. I am a very nice person and have lots of foreign friends. i will help you as much as i possibly can while you are staying with me. I even will help and guarantee you will find a place for work. I do a lot of activities and travel so if it is possible you can come along with me on these trips. I guarantee staying with me with be the best time you will ever have. I will charge you rent but it will be very reasonable and all ask from you while you stay with me is to please be respectful to me and my home. Be very clean and quite when it is time to be quite. the only other thing that i would ask is if you can teach me your language while you are staying with me for my business. I have pictures i can send to you of my place and will tell you more and answer any question you will have. i will be take applications and emails and will choose who I will feel will be the best people to stay with me here in my home. I will not just let any one stay with me. I can help you in every way i can with any process you will need to be able to come to the USA. so please contact me if you will be interested. for any reason i can not help you or it is not possible for you to stay in my house i will help you find a place where u can stay when you arrive. email me at voltem1@yahoo.com thank you?

Old 12-11-2008, 03:59 PM

2 posts, read 11,629 times
Default any j1 students coming to usa

if you are looking for help for when you come to USA . such as a jobs a place to live or any help please contact me. my agnecy will be glad to assists you in your journey. once you have contacted me we can talk further and decide what is the best situation for you. thanks!!
voltem@yahoo.com

Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM

1 posts, read 3,297 times
Hello to all!!!.......I am student from Slovakia.....I know this topic was actual 2 years ago, but maybe now you all have experience from past. So have you been in America (New Jersey or anywhere else)?......Can you recomend me some employer?.........I have already obtained J1 visa from U.S embassy, but I am still hopeless about finding a job. Please, can you provide your help to me?
e-mail to: duncpol@azet.sk

Old 05-23-2010, 05:54 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncpol View Post
Hello to all!!!.......I am student from Slovakia.....I know this topic was actual 2 years ago, but maybe now you all have experience from past. So have you been in America (New Jersey or anywhere else)?......Can you recomend me some employer?.........I have already obtained J1 visa from U.S embassy, but I am still hopeless about finding a job. Please, can you provide your help to me?
Don't J-1 students have a sponsor? And doesn't the sponsor provide them with an orientation, and help them find a job?

Summer Work/Travel: Frequently Asked Questions (http://exchanges.state.gov/jexchanges/private/swt_faq.html - broken link)

Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 AM

50,702 posts, read 36,411,320 times
Here's a link to Morey's Pier in Wildwood. The website says of about 1500 seasonal employees they hire yearly, 700 to 800 are international students on visas.

Morey's Piers Beachfront Water Parks Summer Jobs Opportunities, Benefits, & Housing - Morey's Piers & Beachfront Waterparks

Old 05-25-2010, 07:28 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,419,003 times
You may also want to check with Gillian's Wonderland Pier in Ocean City, NJ. They might be hiring international students for the summer. Good luck!

Gillians Wonderland Pier

Old 09-05-2011, 03:36 AM
UAD

1 posts, read 2,458 times
Hi everyone,

My friend and i are South African J1 student visa holders also looking for employment in USA. I know most of these post are quite old, however i hope you would be able to assist us in our search.

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey