Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 04:45 AM

10 posts, read 73,321 times

Advertisements

Hi!
In this summer I and two friends of mine will go to USA (New Jersey, Somers Point) by program Work and Travel. Now I have job offer by one workplace, but I need two or three workplaces. Can you told me how I can find a job in Somers Point?
P.S. Excuse me for my English - I very bad know this language (study two months)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 06:01 PM
MsV

2,604 posts, read 1,079,526 times
Greetings Nestor, I'm not familiar with Somers Point, NJ, but I can see on a map that it is just south of Atlantic City, which has lots of concessions and businesses that you could apply for at job at. Also, you'll be at the jersey shore and there are retail stores everywhere. Sounds like a great summer plan for you young men. Try Google typing in "Somers Point, NJ" and see what information that site gives you. Where are you coming from? Your english is good after studying for two months. Good luck.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:28 AM

Thank you for this information. I'm from Kazakhstan.
Can you tell me where I will have more chance find a job: Ocean City or Somers Point?

Old 03-23-2007, 03:12 PM
ira

657 posts, read 3,931,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
Thank you for this information. I'm from Kazakhstan.
Can you tell me where I will have more chance find a job: Ocean City or Somers Point?
Say hi to Borat :=)

Old 03-24-2007, 04:13 AM

Sorry... Borat is British comic! He lived in Kazakhstan (nearly 1 year). In our country he is "taboo" men, because he humble Kazakhstan in his film. So I can't -- "Say hi to Borat".

P.S.

It's very bad that in USA he recognized how the best comic of ... 2006 year (I don't right remember). He shoot film in Azerbaijan, but in film it's Kazakhstan :-(

Old 03-24-2007, 08:49 AM
ira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestor View Post
Sorry... Borat is British comic! He lived in Kazakhstan (nearly 1 year). In our country he is "taboo" men, because he humble Kazakhstan in his film. So I can't -- "Say hi to Borat".

P.S.

It's very bad that in USA he recognized how the best comic of ... 2006 year (I don't right remember). He shoot film in Azerbaijan, but in film it's Kazakhstan :-(
Sorry, I didn't mean to upset or offend you. I know exactly who "Borat" is. My post was supposed to be a joke.

I don't want to get into this discussion here because your post is about finding a job...but the greatness of this movie is that it's as politically incorrect as can be. And it has nothing to do with Kazakhstan. In fact I think he picked Kazakhstan because people in this country know so little about it. And he (Borat or Sasha Cohen, whatever you want to call him) exposes classic American ignorance in a very unconventional way.

Again, sorry if I offended you. Good Luck in finding a job.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:42 AM

It's OK. I didn't offend
Excuse me, but your nick is "Ira" - can you tell me about you nationality (birth-place)? "Ira" is russian name.

P.S.

I think that I had chafed with Borat (^_^)

Old 03-24-2007, 10:08 AM
ira

You're correct. I was born in Russia but grew up in New York.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:07 AM

Do you always live in USA? Or you work here? Do you speak russian?

P.S.

Excuse me for many questions. It's very intresting - countryman in USA. I'm russian too, but my family (mum and dad) live in Kakakhstan.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:07 AM

2 posts, read 14,821 times
For Ira
Say me, please. Where is the nearest internet cafe (or Wi-Fi point) to JFK airport?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey