Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 06:50 AM

7 posts, read 15,073 times

Advertisements

Hello! I was raised Bergen Ct, NJ my husband in Westchester Cty, NY. We currently live in Bergen and are contemplating a move to Dublin, OH. We have small children and are looking for a great place to raise a family. The towns in Bergen we are most familiar with are River Vale, Montvale, Westwood, Ridgewood, Glen Rock, and Maywood. My husband currently has a 60 minute commute, so anything less than that to Columbus would be an improvement.

What we'd love is to find someone in Bergen County who is familiar with Dublin and what we may find familiar/different about relocating. For example, we live in a walkable town of about 12,000, have an excellent school system and one town high school...with taxes that are draining us. Would the three-high school/37k population of Dublin be too much of a change? Is there anyone on this site who has relocated from Dublin to Bergen County?

Thank you all so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 10:58 AM

356 posts, read 284,261 times
i have family in youngstown ohio we would visit every summer when i was a kid. finally my cousins came to nj for a visit back in 1983. none of them have ever seen the ocean so we were excited to give them their first look. we lived in middletown at the time so we made our way over to sandy hook since it was the closest, and it was already passed 6pm. along the way my aunt and uncle spotted pedestrians who were not milky white and FREAKED out. they insisted we turn around and go back home. several years later on another visit my aunt was asking me about my work and upcoming wedding. i am in magazine publishing so she asked if i knew any "gays". i insisted all my friends were happy but she glared at me, sensing that i was perhaps having a little fun with her. she then asked if any of "those people" would be at my wedding. i was happy to seat them directly next to the gayest table in the place.

doesn't answer your question, but you might consider that bergen is verrrrrrrrrrrry different from ohio. good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey