Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 02:42 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topster7 View Post
Wow, stereotypeing that is A-OK, cause you're saying it about "hillbillies". Saw you also mentioned NASCAR further down. I can't figure out if you are trying to take a left handed slap at republicans (the NASCAR reference), or if you're just overall a snob by nature.
I am a republican! Listen I lived with real hill billies outside of Plattsburgh, NY in the Adk's. This gives me rights to blast them. I earned it.

Old 02-28-2009, 02:43 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
I am just pointing out that its not just URBAN cities, its in the woods too!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholden View Post
Yes, that'd be why the number of people in state prisons for violent offences increased by 300% in the 25 years to 2005: Bureau of Justice Statistics - Table on number of persons in custody of State correctional authorities by most serious offense (http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/tables/corrtyptab.htm - broken link)
Don't be silly.....of course everyone doesn't get off.....the point was that that there are just too many excuses offered for those that are guilty......no one ever mans up and takes responsibility for their behavior....its never their fault......they are always innocent due factor in their lives.

Oh wait, that'd seem to indicate they aren't just letting everyone with an crazy excuse off.

And yes allowing evidence gathered "improperly" would do wonders for society. The police randomly breaking into ans searching your home just in case they can find something, that's the country I want to live in!
While I don't condone radomly breaking into peoples homes to gather evidence I think we can all agree that theres too many "technicalities" in gathering evidence that generally make it difficult to build a case against someone......additionally.....I suspect if the police are breaking down your door its not for jay walking.....its very likely that your probably guilty of something.......geeze...even when evidence is gathered properly theres a parade of paid "experts" put of the witness stand to make the evidence seem invalid in some manner. Its not about arguing evidence anymore its become a demonstration on how to twist evidence. At one time lawyers represented an honorable profession but that day is long gone.

Old 02-28-2009, 03:13 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
That's because Canadians are more civilized than Americans...just look at the fact they use the metric system and we're stuck with units like quart and pint that no one can convert from one to another without googling
When the metric system went into effect both Canada and the US were supposed to switch at the same time.....but at the last minute we backed out of the agreement....you can be sure big business and lobbiests had something to do with that.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:43 AM

1,553 posts, read 2,448,134 times
Also there's a lot of slumlords in those areas. They should have just as much as a responsibility as the dwellers in this even though some of the dwellers just don't care about their environment either.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:32 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,844 times
It has a lot to d0 with people's upbringing. When I was little if I even thought about throwing a gum wrapper out the window or tossing an empty bag of chips on the floor I got into a whole lot of trouble with my mother. So many people today do not take the time to teach their children basic manners and how to be a respectful member of society. Unfortunately most of these people live in the poorest areas they are to busy with the behaviors that are keeping them poor to bother to teach their children not to litter and have a little pride in where they live.

This is the same in the poor cities as it is in the poor areas of towns like West Milford. Go to the dumpy areas where these poor so-called "hillbillies" live and you see garbage in the woods, go to the nicer more expensive areas and you see clean forests. Go to the worst neighborhoods in Paterson you see junk all over the place but go to the nicer areas and people have taken the time to have morals and pride and clean up after themselves and others. Not all poor people are disrespectful in this way, the upwardly mobile ones tend to have pride in there surroundings. They work hard to have a nice home and give their children an education so they can have a better life, it's the people who don't care if they die in the slum as long as they don't have to work hard that tend to be the biggest pigs.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:04 AM

2,171 posts, read 7,662,720 times
This is an old thread that doesn't need to be revived. It is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey