Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM

607 posts, read 953,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I'm not against people getting tickets for driving thru a red light. I'm against towns and mayors devising ways to make the public part with there dollars.
Which they will be doing for violating the law.

I'm with Tahiti here - where is the problem? Because there is no ticket given on site? Should people blowing thru EZ-Pass lanes without paying get off because there is nobody there, either?

The cameras are a help, not a hinderance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 05:03 PM

11,287 posts, read 16,559,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i still don't get it. tickets will be given to those driving through a red light. you're not against that. so..what's the problem again?
Right now if I approach a light and it's turning yellow, I might or might go through it depending upon if I feel I can make it before it changes red.

With a red light camera, in the same situation I'm hitting my brakes and hopefully the guy behind me didn't have plans on going through...otherwise

Old 03-02-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Right now if I approach a light and it's turning yellow, I might or might go through it depending upon if I feel I can make it before it changes red.

With a red light camera, in the same situation I'm hitting my brakes and hopefully the guy behind me didn't have plans on going through...otherwise
But right now, if you decide you can't make it, you are hitting your brakes, and still hoping that the guy (or gal) behind you does the same...

What is the difference?

Old 03-02-2009, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
But right now, if you decide you can't make it, you are hitting your brakes, and still hoping that the guy (or gal) behind you does the same...

What is the difference?
In most cases I can make it. With a red light camera I'd be to afraid to try and get a ticket.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:36 PM

So you won't run the light.

Which means that the camera is working.

Old 03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Quote:
So you won't run the light.

Which means that the camera is working.
You seem to be mising the point.

I don't run red lights, but when approaching a light that's turning yellow, I might or might not go.

Now with the camera's, those who go through them might get a ticket and those who don't might get rear ended.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:51 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,575,538 times
Quote:

this is not JM's concern about these cameras. he seems to be ok with people getting tkts for running a red light, unless it's a red light camera doing the snagging.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:11 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,346,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbsr View Post
you seem to be mising the point.

I don't run red lights, but when approaching a light that's turning yellow, i might or might not go.

Now with the camera's, those who go through them might get a ticket and those who don't might get rear ended.
lol!!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
You seem to be mising the point.

I don't run red lights, but when approaching a light that's turning yellow, I might or might not go.

Not missing the point at all...

You will approach a yellow light.

You might or might not get caught.

You might or might not get rear-ended by the car behind you, if you brake and the car behind you does not.

Where is the camera's influence?

- Now, substitute "traffic camera" for "patrol car" and re-play the scenario.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:19 AM

744 posts, read 1,401,944 times
Quote:
Not missing the point at all...

You will approach a yellow light.

You might or might not get caught.

You might or might not get rear-ended by the car behind you, if you brake and the car behind you does not.

Where is the camera's influence?

- Now, substitute "traffic camera" for "patrol car" and re-play the scenario.
Generally the idiot behind you will see the patrol car and hence be planning on stopping too. If they are from out of town they probably won't notice a red light camera and hence plan on rushing though behind you.

I don't actually mind red light cameras (I'm one of those idiots who actually comes to complete stops at stop signs, waits at red lights in the middle of nowhere with not another car for 5 miles, etc), except that they always seem to be installed where they will generate the most revenue rather than where they will prevent the most accidents. And there's a trend of reducing yellow times along with them - to illegally short times in a few cases (in a couple of CA cases).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: