Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:27 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,533,504 times

Advertisements

send me $1,000 and the letter you receive from ezpass and ill take care of it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 07:06 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,525,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
send me $1,000 and the letter you receive from ezpass and ill take care of it for you.
Hey wait, Boss Hoggs just said I get 50 % of 50 %.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:34 PM

1 posts, read 5,784 times
i work for EZ pass and we regularly pay millions to members of the NJ government to make the toll system extremely labyrinthine. this way, we get massive amounts of more money in fines and charging full toll for people who drive half a mile on the turnpike. we do this for the garden state parkway also, and regularly we do not staff the toll booths, for profit reasons.

we also set up tolls along strategic places we want less poor people and minorities to enter. a toll is like legalized segregation.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:53 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,645,427 times
Quote:
a toll is like legalized segregation.
Maybe you have noticed that every toll road has a roadway parallel to it. No is is forced on to a toll road. Or are you one of those people who think that everyone else should pick up your tab?

Old 02-02-2011, 09:50 PM

5,767 posts, read 16,525,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Maybe you have noticed that every toll road has a roadway parallel to it. No is is forced on to a toll road. Or are you one of those people who think that everyone else should pick up your tab?
Actually in some parts of NJ it is often quicker not to take the toll road if an Interstate hwy runs parallel, but mostly in Southern NJ where I-295 can be rather empty and clear esp on weekends while everyone and their uncle is going up/down the East coast is jammed on the Pike.

Other places it saves a lot of time taking the toll road, places like going North of Newark where US1&9 might go down to 1 lane or say Lakewood where US 9 takes forever vs the GSP.

Then those "island dwellers" as in Nooh Yawk are absolutely stuck hostages without paying a toll to escape to the freedom of the mainland. Actually from LI and SI you can escape without a toll but you have to pay to re enter.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,358 times
recently when i crossed a toll (nj turnpike $1.50) through ezpass it showed 'plz call service cntr' insted of 'paid thank you' i have no other option , accept to move forward, it was a hired car from avis, is their any chance that i will get a ticket, since it was because of the mistake in the ezpass that the rental agency has to tack care.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:31 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,913,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by americarocks View Post
recently when i crossed a toll (nj turnpike $1.50) through ezpass it showed 'plz call service cntr' insted of 'paid thank you' i have no other option , accept to move forward, it was a hired car from avis, is their any chance that i will get a ticket, since it was because of the mistake in the ezpass that the rental agency has to tack care.
If only life worked like this. They will bill Avis and Avis will bill you.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:11 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,645,427 times
Quote:
The first thing I did was pull over to the right and walk up to the tolls.
Great way to get killed.

Quote:
sent in the toll fee but still got the ticket from the mail, what to do now! Can anyone help!
Most likely they passed each other in the mail.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 PM

11,301 posts, read 16,604,438 times
I fight with EZpass every few months.

For some reason the EZpass machine doesn't record the toll every once in a while so I get a violation in the mail.

I mail in the dispute form with my EZpass account info and a check for the toll.

Unfort, they hired people who don't think and we go back and forth with letters and faxes until someone finally gets it and they leave me alone...until the next time. Which just so happened in Oct with my daughters car.

I mailed in the toll back in Oct and yesterday I received a violation asking for the $50 fine.

No way are they getting $50. Your machine didn't read the EZpass at one toll but did at another on the same trip

So go pound salt.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:50 PM

819 posts, read 3,201,913 times
This happened to me years ago. I accidently got in the EZpass lane, I stopped as soon as I was there, and tried to pay my toll to the toll person in the next lane. refused to take it. I got a letter saying pay this fine, blah blah blah. I mailed them a nice letter, told them to pull the tape and they will see that I stopped and tried to pay it. Never heard from them again
Oh and this was on the bridge going to phila, back in like 2001
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey