Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,355,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Even now....knowing what you know..... you still would chose Bush over Kerry ???
I am no fan of Bush but still feel he was the lesser of two evils.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
Bush....took off the gloves and kept us free from another major terrorist attack for the next 8 years, and that was no small feat.
after the terrorist attack on the U.S.S. Cole in 1993, there wasn't a single other terrorist action against the USA under Clinton's watch -- so how come Clinton doesn't get credit similar to what you're giving W ?

furthermore, when Clinton went in to Bosnia to oust Milosevic, he let the Pentagon run the show. result ? they went in, got the bad guy, and got the f*ck out.

when W went in to Iraq, clueless let the Dept. of State run the show (just like Vietnam was run by DOS), hence the same kind of mess.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:18 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,084,512 times
Quote:
Fine.......but when you only qualify to buy through the sub-prime mortgage route then thats what all the "experts" were recommending.
If the only mortgage you can get is subprime, you probably should rent.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 PM

174 posts, read 431,084 times
Quote:
The last I heard on the news when it was an issue was they couldn't find his records to prove he served....even if he did serve for a period in the reserves....its supposed to be six years....I did my six years why couldn't he ? I'm not aware of any wars that Clinton started that he sent American boys into harms way.....although Bush found a way to sneak out the back door and not complete his reserve duty Georgie boy had no problems sending mostly reserve units into a war.....and then sent the same units back again and again for multiple tours of duty. Obamas military history is not a factor as hes trying to get us out of the military mess that Georgie boy got us into.
So now you are argueing that to YOU, you doubt he served even a day. The Clinton reference is a non-sequiter to what I asked, though men I know that he sent to Kosovo would debate what you posted here.

That you assert it was MOSTLY reserves that fought tells me I am dealing with a far Left, moonbeam idiot. To quote: "mostly reserve units". You dumbass.

Until six months ago I lived 4 miles from Camp Pendleton and still have friends that are now senior leaders that served for me as 18 and 19 year old riflemen. And a small cadre of us from Desert Storm have remained fast friends.

So place your trust where you will, numbskull. Continue to wear your Bush hate blinders, even if what you say brings down or diminishes the troops. I know, for you they were just "in the way". But I'm SURE you support them.

You're the same type that tramples small children on a sinking boat. Exactly WHAT did you do your six years in, may I ask?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:35 PM

4,177 posts, read 5,056,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topster7 View Post
Continue to wear your Bush hate blinders, even if what you say brings down or diminishes the troops. I know, for you they were just "in the way". But I'm SURE you support them.

I don't mean to get involved with you two, but what you wrote is sort of ironic:

"you can support the troops, but not support the decision to send them there"

...know who said that ?

Republican Tom DeLay, circa 1995, when asked about Clinton's sending troops to get Milosevic.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:00 PM

744 posts, read 1,405,895 times
Quote:
So......let me see if I have this right ? Your expecting a first time, low income buyer with no real estate savy or experience to ignore their agents and lenders advice and start paying extra for the advice of multiple experts who have no connection with the sale when they already feel comfortable with the advice and service of the experts they are working with ? What would possess them to do that ?
Not being retarded would be the main reason.

Why would you spend hundreds of thousands of dollars after only getting advice from people who make a commission when you spend it?

I wouldn't spend tens of thousands without getting advice from someone knowledgable in whatever I'm spending on and who doesn't make extra money if I do the spending.

I would expect the lower the income the more careful you would be - I'm sure Bill Gates can drop $100k on something without giving it much thought, but I'm sure giving it some thought.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
after the terrorist attack on the U.S.S. Cole in 1993, there wasn't a single other terrorist action against the USA under Clinton's watch -- so how come Clinton doesn't get credit similar to what you're giving W ?

furthermore, when Clinton went in to Bosnia to oust Milosevic, he let the Pentagon run the show. result ? they went in, got the bad guy, and got the f*ck out.

when W went in to Iraq, clueless let the Dept. of State run the show (just like Vietnam was run by DOS), hence the same kind of mess.
Not for nothing but you need to do your research.

1993 WTC bombing. Killed 6 injured 1000.

1995 Saudi bombing. Killed 5 military personnel.

1996 Khobar Towers. Killed 19 and injured 200 military personnel.

1998 bombing of US Embassies in South Africa that killed 224 and injured upwards of 5,000.

You already know about the USS Cole...except you got the year WAAAAY wrong. 2000. Same time the stock market took a dive.

Each time Clinton "promised" to hunt down and take care of it. Didn't happen, did it?

And to anyone who is screaming "Bush" for Obama's lack of experience with dealing with the economy, get over blaming Bush for the terrorist "come as you are, I'd rather play my sax for Hollyweird" legacy (and nothing being done) left by Clinton.

Keep voting their pathetic behinds into Washington! Hope it hits your backyard next time and not mine!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:18 PM

174 posts, read 431,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

When did we "get out" of Bosnia or the environs? Last I looked, we still have troops there in 2009! Who was President when we lost 18 Air Force personnel at the Khobar Towers bombing? How did we retaliate? Simple. We didn't. Can you prove me wrong? Or when we had two American Embassies bombed in Africa? Did bombing empty tents in Afghanistan and an aspirin factory in Sudan give YOU a sense of justice?

This partisan attacking former Presidents is childish and plays right into the hands of our enemies. I am a conservative; but I REFUSE to buy into the "wag the dog" hype that Clinton used bombings to deflect from his Monica problems. As I also do that Bush had a "messianic" view to invade Iraq.

Anyone that assumes that Office is quickly overwhelmed by it's majesty and seriousness of purpose. Once they get there, matters of war and peace lose all connection to petty local politics. The haters will always hate. Believe the worst, even when it approaches "black helicopter" territory. I avoid people like that, LOL!

Both Right and Left have been guilty in this. And why we are so rude and harsh when discussing anything political.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,974,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
Bush was a poor speaker who did indeed come off looking like he wasn't up to the job when it came to giving a speech.
Speech was his smallest problem.....when we were attacked he was reading to an elementary school class. When he was advised that the country was "under attack" he continued to read for another 7 minutes.....in the age that a missle can reach our shores in 15 minutes thats unacceptable....the man was inept at every level as well as a lair. Facts show that he intentionally lied or mislead the American people over 900 times during his 8 years in office. Geeze...it took him a week to realize that a major American city was under water and they needed help......when those tsunami waves hit overseas we had help there in 2 days. The man wanted to sell security of our ports to an Arab nation and during all this mess he still had time to take more vacation time than any other president !!! His speech problems are dwarfed by his monumental ineptness in all other areas. Whats worse is that Bush thinks hes done a good job.....he admits to NO mistakes......he keeps making references to George Washington and Lincoln saying that they wern't recognized as great presidents until years after they were gone....he thinks hes in the same company as Washington and Lincoln !!!

However, he took off the gloves and kept us free from another major terrorist attack for the next 8 years, and that was no small feat.
What he took off was his thinking cap....no attacks was pure luck......he didn't implement one recommendation from the list that the 911 commission gave to protect us in the future ! Not one !!!

Also, absolutely nothing about Kerry (or any other of the candidates in 2004) leads me to believe that they would have done anything different when it came to the housing bubble (which caused this whole mess). If anything, Kerry would have probably joined with the Dems in Congress calling for less regulation of FannieMae, so that more loans could be given out to subprime borrowers who couldn't afford them (because those subprime borrowers largely represent a demographic that's a large Democratic voting block).

We probably would have had a worse housing bubble with Kerry in charge.
Really ? You don't think the 12 billion a month we've been spending on a war for the last 7 years that Georgie boy decided to fight on his own without the help of a coalition wouldn't have helped our economy just a little ?

Kerry also would have probably withdrawn from Iraq in defeat. Today, Iraq is pretty stable (although Obama will be the one to retreat and flush everthing that's been accomplished down the drain).
The problem is that Iraq was never the problem....it became a problem once we invaded......its been 7 years and he dropped the ball on Osama.....we left Afganistan where the real problem is to chase weapons of mass destruction that have still never been found. Please don't tell me that Kerry could have possibly been worse !

Last edited by FlyersFan; 03-07-2009 at 08:41 PM..

Old 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,974,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
If the only mortgage you can get is subprime, you probably should rent.
Really...then why didn't the lenders tell that to all the people they pushed sub-prime loans on ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey