Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 AM

7 posts, read 22,905 times

Advertisements

hello everyone,
i have a nephew who is in the 3rd grade in korea. he will be visiting me during the summer, and i would like to enroll him in a summer program where he can attend ESL classes to learn english and make some new friends. it was actually his father's idea who went to college and graduate school here in new jersey back in 1980s.
i have no children so i have no idea what schools offer what. i heard/read some good things about dwight-englewood and elisabeth morrow's summer programs, and i would like to know if there are any other good programs out in new jersey.
any advice, suggestions, and information will be highly appreciated.
thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2009, 12:17 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,538,303 times
Wow, it might be hard to find something like that for a 3rd grader. But the place for it would be Bergen County, because there are massive amounts of Korean people there.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:20 PM

7 posts, read 22,905 times
yes i forgot to mention that i am looking for a program in bergen county.
i live in bergen county. the two schools i've looked into (dwight englewood & elisabeth morrow) are both in bergen as well.
=)

Old 03-05-2009, 04:37 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,538,303 times
I think it would be difficult to find an ESL program, not a general summer camp. The regular summer camp part will be easy.

How about calling those two schools--and I think you'd be better off with Elizabeth Morrow, because that's k-8, tell them about your little dude and that you're thinking of enrolling him for the summer, and then ask if they have a tutoring program in place where he can be taught english for an hour a day during camp.

Kids learn languages so easily at that age.

Oh, I just thought of something else--why not call one of the Korean churches in the area, ask for the children's religious education person, and see if they can recommend someplace.

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: