Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 AM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
this guy is a nut. WHo elected him anyway? LOL!! What a slimebucket.
I surely didn't vote for him.

He's in the same party as President Wimpslime so I guess that makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 AM

23,530 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default An altered state

To cannonize some dolt because he has the courage to demand more money in hard times is the utimate insult to taxpayers.

Why is there no focused, in your face effort, to cut inefficiency, legal and illegal corruption, incompetence and financial disregard in every person and organization that touches taxpayer money.

I don't want to hear the state is cutting my taxes because it is a shell game. The plea for dedicated taxes is a bait and switch deal. I don't want to hear claims of operating in a glass house or ethics reform. These are vague promises with no defined endpoint. It is a red flag when a candidate declares any of the above statements.

I want to hear some brave soul is first going to evaluate institutional process and practice before collecting one more cent in taxpayer dollars.

The only lament we ever hear is that more money is needed, never but never that taxes that taxes can be cut because someone actually discovered a way to save money.

Cap all spending, especially for education, at a backdated level until the system can be reformed. The longer it takes for reform, the longer the discomfort. Measure you discomfort against the effort of your favorite legislator. Let's live to hear some politico proclaim that the taxes can be reduced because of process improvement.

This is beyond bizzare.

Elections take their theme from, Meatloaf's "Love by the dashboard light" as politicians sing the refrain, "I'll love you to the end of time" . After the election the voters respond to claim of love with , "now I'm praying for the end of time so I can end my time with you!"

Old 03-18-2009, 09:32 AM

9,374 posts, read 20,787,825 times
Corzine might very well pay for this latest budget with his job. Quinnipiac just issued another poll, and now, Corzine appears to be down 15 points:
Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_2009/new_jersey/election_2009_new_jersey_governor - broken link)

Old 03-18-2009, 02:03 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,065 times
wasn't there a headline in the Times like that during the 70's fiscal crisis in NY. it said like "Ford to New York- Drop Dead"

Old 03-18-2009, 02:04 PM

825 posts, read 3,160,065 times
my bad. it was in the Daily News and it said "Ford to City: Drop Dead"

Old 03-18-2009, 02:33 PM

266 posts, read 547,720 times
This whole thing has my colon in a knot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey