Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:12 AM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,365,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
how it feels so good just to say this year or last year sucked!! To me its a relief to get it out. So together we can say everything sucks right now!
This I agree on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Marilyn, how is your mom?
What's the latest?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:25 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Marilyn, how is your mom?
What's the latest?
thanks for asking, she is going for chemo and in and out of Valley Hospital. They are trying to shrink the cancer. She had a stent put in her stomach so she could eat, because tumor was disrupting passage way for food. She is in bad shape. Cancer of Duodudem, gall bladder and liver. Doctor did say they are going to shoot for remission, but lets but it this way, I am trying to be hopefully but it just looks like a long slow death. Lets hope it does not spread worse to the stomach. thats a big fear because right now she can eat and is in no pain. SO keep praying and thanks.

Old 03-13-2009, 01:46 PM

825 posts, read 3,161,342 times
i agree with you man, 09 sucks. summer will be better though...

Old 03-13-2009, 07:39 PM

23 posts, read 43,059 times
Sometimes the only thing you can do is turn off the TV, Radio, Net and do something to escape reality. Nothing that cost money, mind you. Just a walk in the park with your hat, scarf, and gloves. (very cold lately) or you could listen to some music that reminds you of a better time, or watch a comedy or something that makes you smile. If you smile for a little while you will feel better, even if it is for just a little while.

I'm sorry to hear that your mom has cancer. I wish you and yours all the best.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:24 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweets1446 View Post
Sometimes the only thing you can do is turn off the TV, Radio, Net and do something to escape reality. Nothing that cost money, mind you. Just a walk in the park with your hat, scarf, and gloves. (very cold lately) or you could listen to some music that reminds you of a better time, or watch a comedy or something that makes you smile. If you smile for a little while you will feel better, even if it is for just a little while.
Or - Sweets and Marilyn,

If you want to get a laugh, I recommend the following videos on YouTube:

Scarlet Takes a Tumble and Charlie Bit My Finger

They are priceless!!! You WILL get a laugh from them.

And another thing that just happened. Please don't berate me for not helping, I get nervous of strange big dogs.
Here goes it: A yellow lab with a human shirt on just went running down my street with 3 little boys chasing. The dog ran into my neighbor's back yard, the boys followed. The dog ran back out front and one of the boys snagged a hold of the dog's shirt. Dad comes running down the street, leash in hand yelling "Don't let him go - DO NOT LET HIM GO". Being an obedient child, he hung on and the dog proceeded to drag the boy across the front yard until Dad caught up. Too funny!! Wished I had the video camera for this one.
Two of my daughters and I were out front for this scene and we couldn't even try to keep quiet with laughter, it was just too funny.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:57 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks for asking, she is going for chemo and in and out of Valley Hospital. They are trying to shrink the cancer. She had a stent put in her stomach so she could eat, because tumor was disrupting passage way for food. She is in bad shape. Cancer of Duodudem, gall bladder and liver. Doctor did say they are going to shoot for remission, but lets but it this way, I am trying to be hopefully but it just looks like a long slow death. Lets hope it does not spread worse to the stomach. thats a big fear because right now she can eat and is in no pain. SO keep praying and thanks.
If you need to talk, DM me.
Did they give her prognosis?

Try to hang in there.

Spend as much time with her as you can.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
thanks prognosis is to get her in remission thats what the doctor said, so that gives my Dad hope and thats what he needs to hear. She did a second round of chemo Friday, I am heading there today with a sugar free cherry pie, and some quick meals that they can throw in the microwave. My Dad is so exhausted so that helps out alot. I am doing what I can, but to be honest I feel like I can do more just seem never enough.

Jersey 719 funny little story, I will check out your tube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey