U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 09:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,763 times

Advertisements

My fiance and I are looking to move back to Ocean County after living in Atlantic County for 2 years.

Our only requirements really are:
nice, safe, neighborhood
Washer/Dryer in unit
Pet Friendly (we have a friendly 25 lb beagle)

We need something around $1000/month. (Not much to work with, I know!)

Most of our friends/family live in Jackson. My family lives in Point Pleasant, so we want to be within reasonable driving distance to those towns. But, I would prefer not to live in Jackson (been there, done that, got the shirt) or Lakewood. I was thinking maybe Brick or Toms River, but we're open to other suggestions. Any recs?

And as an aside to that, anyone know anything about the "Toms River Apartments" - 802 Main St., Toms River? Is it a good/bad area of TR?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 12:58 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,681,828 times
Yes, I think that particular place is OK- I would stay away from the RT 37 ones near the old Bradlees/and current Staples- can't think of the name right now- Where they tore down the Old Time Tavern.

There are some nicer new ones near the Bey Lea golf course-off Old Freehold and Bay Ave- also known as Rt 571.

I would also think you should be able to rent a condo for that in Toms River.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey